Subject: [L3sm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model-16.txt> (YANG Data Model for L3VPN service delivery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 08:45:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the L3VPN Service Model  WG (l3sm)
to consider the following document:
- 'YANG Data Model for L3VPN service delivery'
  <draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used for
   communication between customers and network operators and to deliver
   a Layer 3 Provider Provisioned VPN service.  The document is limited
   to the BGP PE-based VPNs as described in [RFC4026], [RFC4110] and
   [RFC4364].  This model is intended to be instantiated at management
   system to deliver the overall service.  This model is not a
   configuration model to be used directly on network elements.  This
   model provides an abstracted view of the Layer 3 IPVPN service
   configuration components.  It will be up to a management system to
   take this as an input and use specific configurations models to
   configure the different network elements to deliver the service.  How
   configuration of network elements is done is out of scope of the
   document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc4026: Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Network (VPN) Terminology (Informational - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.