Subject: draft-fang-ppvpn-security-framework-01

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:52:50 -0400

Authors,

Two more comments on the draft follow:

1) In Section 3, as you enumerate threat classes, you include "traffic
pattern analysis". You expand upon the concept of traffic pattern analysis
in section 3.1.4. I wonder if this shouldn't be identified as a second order
threat, as its consequences are not so severe as the other threats. Also, it
is very difficult to protect against.

2) In Section 3, you identify the following threat source:

- Persons within the organization which is the PPVPN user with respect to a
particular PPVPN

Does the SP need to protect against threats from this source, as the source
and target are contained by the same trusted zone?

                          Ron
                          /individual contributor

===========================================
Ronald P. Bonica       Ph: 703 886 1681
vBNS Engineering       page: 1 888 268 8021
Ashburn, Va.
===========================================
"If a man marches out of step with his
fellows it may be that he hears the sound
of a different drummer or, perhaps that
he has a poor sense of rhythm."
            -- Henry David Thoreau