Subject: Carrying Label

From: "Sakthivadivu.S.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:21:46 +0530

MessageHi,
   The Carrying Label Infomation in BGP4  (RFC 3107) says in section 3 under
heading b) Label

    "  The Label field carries one or more labels (that corresponds to
         the stack of labels [MPLS-ENCAPS]).  Each label is encoded as 3
         octets, where the high-order 20 bits contain the label value,
         and the low order bit contains "Bottom of Stack" (as defined in
         [MPLS-ENCAPS]). "

   Can you please tell me when will more than one label be distributed in
BGP upadte message.

   Only LDP distributes two labels in the ATM scenario.

   Since the label in the BGP update message is associated with BGP
nexthop,i feel that only one label will be carried in BGP
   update message  always.

    Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Sakthi

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************