Subject: Document Action: 'Generic Requirements for Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:22:48 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generic Requirements for Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-generic-reqts-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes generic requirements for Provider Provisioned
Virtual Private Networks (PPVPN). The requirements are categorized
into service requirements, provider requirements and engineering
requirements.  These requirements are not specific to any particular
type of PPVPN technology, but rather apply to all PPVPN technologies.
All PPVPN technologies are expected to meet the umbrella set of
requirements described in this document.
 
Working Group Summary
 
Document has been around for a while, first made it ot the IESG in
January, 2003. 
 
Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten