Subject: How data packets are forwarded through sham link

From: "nabendu das" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:47:51 +0530

HI

Cosidering the scenario below, how data packets will be forwarded through 
sham link

H1 
------------CE1----------PE1-----------P---------------P-------------PE2--------------CE2

sham link endpoint addresses are 10.1.1.1 at PE1 and 10.2.2.2 at PE2. and 
lets say PE/CE
links are attached to VRF A. and H1 IP address is 30.30.30.30

IF CE2 wants to forward packet to host H1, it will forward to PE2 by LPM 
lookup.
Now PE2 will look into VRF A for 30.30.30.30 and find sham link endpoint 
address (10.1.1.1) at PE1
as next-hop.  Then PE2 should look for 10.1.1.1 in the VRF and find BGP 
next-hop and label for 10.1.1.1   Next PE2 will find the MPLS tunnel for the 
BGP next-hop and then forward the packet via the tunnel by encapsulating the 
packet with the BGP label and then MPLS label.

PLZ correct me if my understanding is wrong.....

TIA
Nabendu.

_________________________________________________________________
Post Classifieds on MSN classifieds. http://go.msnserver.com/IN/44045.asp 
Buy and Sell on MSN Classifieds.