Subject: Multicast VPN requirements draft

From: Thomas Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:31:07 +0200

Hello,

We just submitted a requirements draft for the support of multicast in
provider provided  IP VPNs.

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg02443.html
Abstract: 
   This document presents a set of functional requirements for network 
   solutions that allow the support of IP multicast within IP provider
   provided VPNs. It specifies requirements both from the end user 
   and service provider standpoints. It is intended that potential 
   solutions, that specify the support of IP multicast within VPNs, 
   use these requirements as a guideline. It is not the intent of this 
   document to propose technical solutions, nor to detail solution 
   specific issues. 

This draft currently reflects the position of FT R&D and FT group
operators, but we already received interesting feedback from other
operators which should contribute to next revision of draft.  

The main goal of this first submission is to trigger discussion about
the requirements for this service, so all issues are very opened and
your comments on this draft are very welcome.

Regards,

-Thomas Morin

--
== Thomas MORIN - France Telecom R&D/CORE/CPN
== Tel.: +33(0) 2 96 05 37 34 - www.francetelecom.com/rd
--