Subject: RE: draft-zhang-l3vpn-vr-multicast-00

From: "Leymann, Nicolai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:28:52 +0200

Hi,

I've some questions regarding the scalability of the solution.
Chapter 6 states that the number of trees in the core does not
exceed the number of VRs. Therefor every VR is the root of a
single (shortest path) tree. This tree is used to encapsulate
all (customers) traffic from this VR. How well does this scale
if a customer is sending to different Multicast groups? Consider
two streams from a customer. A low bandwidth stream
which has to received by all other VRs and a high bandwidth 
stream which has to be received by only a subset of the 
VRs. Because all VRs are member of a single core tree all VRs
receive the high bandwidth stream as well (even if they don't
have local receivers in the customers VPN). 

As far as I understand you prefer PIM-DM as a core routing
protocol. Why the focus on Dense-Mode?

  best regards

     Nic

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]Im 
> Auftrag von [email-masked]
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 05:34
> An: l3vpn
> Betreff: Re:draft-zhang-l3vpn-vr-multicast-00
> 
> 
> Hi, everyone
> We sent the draft-zhang-l3vpn-vr-multicast-00 version to 
> L3VPN group several weeks ago, but no responses was received.
> Why? Could you please see it and give some comment about it? 
> 
> 　　　　　　　　HKzhang
> 　　　　　　　　[email-masked]
> 　　　　　　　　　　2005-06-22
>