Subject: RFC 4110 on A Framework for Layer 3 Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:49:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4110

        Title:      A Framework for Layer 3
                    Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks
                    (PPVPNs)
        Author(s):  R. Callon, M. Suzuki
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      82
        Characters: 204159
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-framework-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4110.txt

This document provides a framework for Layer 3 Provider-Provisioned
Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs).  This framework is intended to aid
in the standardization of protocols and mechanisms for support of
layer 3 PPVPNs.  It is the intent of this document to produce a
coherent description of the significant technical issues that are
important in the design of layer 3 PPVPN solutions.  Selection of
specific approaches, making choices regarding engineering tradeoffs,
and detailed protocol specification, are outside of the scope of this
framework document.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.