Subject: Minutes - better late than never

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:20:38 -0400

Folks,

Rick and I apologize for being late with minutes. Minutes for IETF 68
L3VPN follow:

L3VPN Working Group Meeting, IETF 68, Prague, Czech Republic

Co-chairs: Ron Bonica, Rick Wilder

Document status:

For quite a while, several working group drafts have needed revisions in
order to progress. The following documents therefore need an ETA for
an updated draft within a month to avoid being dropped:

 - draft-ietf-l3vpn-ce-based
 - draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr
 - draft-ietf-l3vpn-vr-mib
 - draft-declercq-l3vpn-ce-based-as
 - draft-ietf-l3vpn-as-vr
 - draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto

Working Group charter:

The Charter is in need of an update. Multicast VPN work is by far the
most prominent item of work, but MPLS service delivery over L3VPN is
being considered. The work load for the group also makes the adoption of
other work items possible, so input is solicited for additions to the WG
charter. Detailed discussion of the charter will not be taken up at this
meeting due to time constraints.

Delivery of MPLS Services Over L3VPN

Kenji Kumaki requested that Requirements for delivering MPLS Services
over L3VPN - draft-kumaki-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqs-03 be adopted as an
L3VPN working group draft. The issue of whether draft should be a
working group doc will be taken up after the WG charter is updated.

Considerations about Multicast BGP/MPLS Standardization - T. Morin

draft-morin-l3vpn-mvpn-considerations

The document outlines building blocks for monitoring MVPN
infrastructure. (see slides) BGP-based and PIM-based autodiscovery is
considered and scalability analyzed.

Discussion of the document on the email list is needed to determine
consensus on adopting the draft as a working group document.

Multicast MPLS/BGP Vans Revisited - M. Napier

draft-mnapierala-mvpn-rev-00

Additional multicast capabilities required by customer applications are
outlined and recommended for inclusion into MVPNs. (see slides)
Discussion on the WG email list is solicited.