Subject: draft-kumaki-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts

From: Kenji Kumaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:06:12 +0900

Hi,

I presented the following draft today.
"draft-kumaki-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts-04"

A few people were interested in this draft in today's meeting.
Actually, some service providers have a plan to provide this type of
services.
Technically, we may deploy this service using L1VPN. But, from service
provider's perspective, it may be difficult to deploy GMPLS based
technology(including optical switches) as a production network.
As you know, many carriers and service providers have already widely
deployed IP-VPNs and they provide a lot of services on their networks.

Also, a native RSVP based approach between PE and CE is fine.
In this case, Admission control can be used. But fast protection
technique can not be used in the network. Some customers, especially
enterprise cutomers, in Japan are considerably sensitive about traffic
disruption.

Finally, we want to control and manage data and control planes at PEs.

In that sense, we think this draft is practical requirements.

Could you give me comments on this draft?

Thanks,
Kenji