Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol
	Author(s)       : P. Pillay-Esnault, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-03-12

Many Service Providers (SPs) offer Virtual Private Network (VPN)
services to their customers using a technique in which Customer Edge
(CE) routers are routing peers of Provider Edge (PE) routers.  The
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is used to distribute the customer's
routes across the provider's IP backbone network, and Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) is used to tunnel customer packets across the
provider's backbone.  This is known as a "BGP/MPLS IP VPN".
Originally only IPv4 was supported and it was later extended to
support IPv6 VPNs as well.  Extensions were later added for the
support of the Open Shortest Path First protocol version 2 (OSPFv2)
as a PE-CE routing protocol for the IPv4 VPNs.  This document extends
those specifications to support OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) as a PE-CE
routing protocol.  The OSPFv3 PE-CE functionality is identical to
that of OSPFv2 except for the differences described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.