Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP ACCEPT_OWN Community Attribute
	Author(s)       : J. Uttaro, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-03-11

Under certain conditions it is desirable for a BGP route reflector to
be able to modify the Route Target list of a VPN route that is
distributed by the route reflector, enabling the route reflector to
control how a route originated within one VRF is imported into other
VRFs.  This technique works effectively as long as the VRF that
exports the route is not on the same PE as the VRF(s) that import the
route.  However, due to the constraints of the BGP protocol, it does
not work if the two are on the same PE.  This document describes a
modification to the BGP protocol allowing this technique to work when
the VRFs are on the same PE, allowing the technique to be used in a
standard manner throughout an autonomous system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.