Subject: draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-bgp-mvpn-extranet as L3VPN WG document

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:46:13 -0700

Folks,

Given that the new L3VPN WG charter now includes MVPN Extranet
specification, the authors of draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-bgp-mvpn-extranet
would like L3VPN WG to accept draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-bgp-mvpn-extranet
as an L3VPN WG document.

(on behalf of the authors) Yakov.

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:00:24 -0400

Again, there are two documents on this topic.  In this case I think they are
largely complementary, though there are some discrepancies in the extranet
functionality that is provided.

In this case, it might make sense for the WG to adopt draft-rosen-l3vpn-
mvpn-extranet-02 as well as draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-bgp-mvpn-extranet-05, but
asking the authors to merge the docs would probably produce a better result
with a lesser amount of posturing on the mailing list.

Please see the discussion of these documents on the mailing list, July 17
and August 17, 2009.