Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp-07.txt> (Internal BGP as Provider/Customer Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:20:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
WG (l3vpn) to consider the following document:
- 'Internal BGP as Provider/Customer Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP
   Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)'
  <draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-05-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines protocol extensions and procedures for BGP
   Provider/Customer edge router iteration in BGP/MPLS IP VPN [RFC4364]
   networks.  These have the objective of making the usage of the BGP/
   MPLS IP VPN transparent to the customer network, as far as routing
   information is concerned.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp/

No IPR disclosures have been submitted directly on draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp, 
but there are disclosures on a related document. Search result on 
draft-marques-l3vpn-ibgp, "Internal BGP as PE-CE protocol", that 
was replaced by draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp, "Internal BGP as Provider/Customer 
Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)"
 	
ID # 1146 "Juniper's Statement of IPR related to draft-marques-l3vpn-ibgp-01"