Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-infra-addrs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:15:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv4 and IPv6 Infrastructure Addresses in BGP Updates for Multicast VPN
	Author(s)       : Rahul Aggarwal
                          Eric C. Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-infra-addrs-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-07-06

   To provide Multicast VPN (MVPN) service, Provider Edge routers
   originate BGP Update messages that carry Multicast-VPN (&quot;MCAST-VPN&quot;)
   BGP routes; they also originate unicast VPN routes that carry MVPN-
   specific attributes.  These routes encode addresses from the
   customer&#39;s address space, as well as addresses from the provider&#39;s
   address space.  These two address spaces are independent, and the
   address family (IPv4 or IPv6) of the two spaces may or may not be the
   same.  These routes always contain an &quot;address family&quot; field that
   specifies whether the customer addresses are IPv4 addresses or
   whether they are IPv6 addresses.  However, there is no field that
   explicitly specifies the address family of the provider addresses.
   To ensure interoperability, this document specifies that provider
   IPv4 addresses are always encoded in these update messages as four-
   octet addresses, and that the distinction between IPv4 and IPv6 is
   signaled solely by the length of the address field.  Specific cases
   are explained in detail.  This document updates draft-ietf-
   l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp-08.txt.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-infra-addrs-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-infra-addrs-05.txt