Subject: Mail regarding draft-rekhter-l3vpn-virtual-hub

From: "Nagendra Kumar (naikumar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:32:03 +0530

Hi,

I was reading this draft and can you please let me know the below,

1.       From ID, I understood that V-spoke PE will be advertising a
default route to CE site. Am I missing any statement about what will be
advertised to CE sites which are connected to V-Hub PE?. Will it
advertise all prefixes from other hub and spoke PEs or just default
route?.

2.       Since V-spoke will be advertising default route to its
connected CE site, Wont it result in undesired traffic from CE site
traversing over SP cloud and get dropped at Hub PE device?. Do you have
any recommendation/way to avoid it?.

3.       I understood that any V-spoke PE can advertise all prefixes to
CE site instead of default route on a need basis (From Section 8
"Further refinements") . I believe it should be made mandatory for CE
which has internet gateway connected. So the deployment I believe should
be that any PE (V-hub or V-spoke) to which Internet GW site is connected
SHOULD use methodology specified in Section 8. In other words, PE if
receives default route from a CE site, should advertise all prefixes
from other site to that CE and NOT the VPN-IP default route.

Regards,

Nagendra