Subject: RFC 6368 on Internal BGP as the Provider/Customer Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:09:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6368

        Title:      Internal BGP as the Provider/Customer 
                    Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP Virtual 
                    Private Networks (VPNs) 
        Author:     P. Marques, R. Raszuk,
                    K. Patel, K. Kumaki,
                    T. Yamagata
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29938
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-ibgp-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6368.txt

This document defines protocol extensions and procedures for BGP
Provider/Customer Edge router iteration in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs.  These
extensions and procedures have the objective of making the usage of
the BGP/MPLS IP VPN transparent to the customer network, as far as
routing information is concerned.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC