Subject: Problem statement draft for dynamic secure interconnect

From: Michael Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:37:47 -0700

I have submitted a draft stating the problems and challenges associated with 
the process of establishing secure interconnections between authorized 
network nodes.  The network nodes can be located anywhere in a private or 
public network, directly connected or behind one or more levels of NAT. 
Establishing a secure interconnection in this environment entails the 
resolution of various issues such as authentication, peer discovery, virtual 
network address management, connection parameters determination, etc.

I believe the process of establishing secure interconnections between 
network nodes fits within the scope of VPN4DC and would like to request time 
at the L3VPN meeting to discuss the issues enumerated in the draft.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 11:07 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Michael Ko and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename: draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement
Revision: 00
Title: Problem Statement for Dynamic Secure Interconnect
Creation date: 2011-10-14
WG ID: Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12

Abstract:
   This document examines the problems and challenges associated with
   the process of setting up secure interconnections between authorized
   network nodes.  The network nodes can be located anywhere in a
   private or public network, directly connected or behind one or more
   levels of NAT [NAT].  Setting up a secure interconnection in this
   environment entails the resolution of various issues such as
   authentication, peer discovery, virtual network address management,
   and connection parameters determination.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Michael Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:44:50 -0700

Here is the link to the document: 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Michael Ko
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 11:37 AM
Subject: Problem statement draft for dynamic secure interconnect

Mike
----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 11:07 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ko-dsi-problem-statement-00.txt

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat