Subject: draft-rekhter-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02.txt

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 05:52:08 -0800

Dear L3VPN WG chairs,

The authors of draft-rekhter-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02.txt would like
you to poll the L3VPN WG for accepting
draft-rekhter-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02.txt as an L3VPN WG document.

Yakov

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:02:51 -0500

Support.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:30:09 +0000

Hi Yakov,

> draft-rekhter-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02.txt as an L3VPN WG document.

I was just wondering what is the overlap, if any, with the hub & spoke section of draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-extranet-04, does your draft & the hub & spoke elements of Eric's draft cover the same material or are they solving different problems?

Thanks
Ben

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:12:17 -0800

Ben,

> I was just wondering what is the overlap, if any, with the hub &
> spoke section of draft-rosen-l3vpn-mvpn-extranet-04, does your
> draft & the hub & spoke elements of Eric's draft cover the same
> material or are they solving different problems?

The latter - my draft and the hub & spoke elements of Eric's draft
are solving different problems. E.g., Eric's draft describes how a
service provider can offer its VPN customers hub-and-spoke connectivity
(e.g., "a system in one spoke site cannot send traffic and cannot
receive traffic from a system in a different spoke site"), while
my draft covers customers who want full mesh connectivity (any site
can talk to any other site, without going through some third site).

Yakov.