Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-wildcards-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:45:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Wildcards in Multicast VPN Auto-Discovery Routes
	Author(s)       : Eric C. Rosen
                          Yakov Rekhter
                          Ray (Lei) Qiu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-wildcards-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-02-09

   In "Multicast Virtual Private Networks" (MVPNs), customer multicast
   flows are carried in "tunnels" through a service provider's network.
   The base specifications for MVPN define BGP multicast VPN
   "auto-discovery routes", and specify how to use an auto-discovery
   route to advertise the fact that an individual customer multicast
   flow is being carried in a particular tunnel.  However, those
   specifications do not provide a way to specify, in a single such
   route, that multiple customer flows are being carried in a single
   tunnel.  Those specifications also do not provide a way to advertise
   that a particular tunnel is to be used by default to carry all
   customer flows, except in the case where that tunnel is joined by all
   the provider edge routers of the MVPN.  This document eliminates
   these restrictions by specifying the use of "wildcard" elements in
   the customer flow identifiers.  With wildcard elements, a single
   auto-discovery route can refer to multiple customer flows, or even to
   all customer flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-wildcards-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-wildcards-02.txt