Subject: RFC 6517 on Mandatory Features in a Layer 3 Multicast BGP/MPLS VPN Solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:54:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6517

        Title:      Mandatory Features in a Layer 3
                    Multicast BGP/MPLS VPN Solution 
        Author:     T. Morin, Ed.,
                    B. Niven-Jenkins, Ed.,
                    Y. Kamite, R. Zhang,
                    N. Leymann, N. Bitar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 102395
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-considerations-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6517.txt

More that one set of mechanisms to support multicast in a layer 3
BGP/MPLS VPN has been defined.  These are presented in the documents
that define them as optional building blocks.

To enable interoperability between implementations, this document
defines a subset of features that is considered mandatory for a
multicast BGP/MPLS VPN implementation.  This will help implementers
and deployers understand which L3VPN multicast requirements are best
satisfied by each option.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC