Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:48:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : MVPN: Using Bidirectional P-Tunnels
        Authors         : Eric C. Rosen
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Yiqun Cai
                          Arjen Boers
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-08.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2014-06-02

Abstract:
   A set of prior RFCs specify procedures for supporting multicast in
   BGP/MPLS IP VPNs.  These procedures allow customer multicast data to
   travel across a service provider's backbone network through a set of
   multicast tunnels.  The tunnels are advertised in certain BGP
   multicast "auto-discovery" routes, by means of a BGP attribute known
   as the "Provider Multicast Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel
   attribute".  Encodings have been defined that allow the PMSI Tunnel
   attribute to identify bidirectional (multipoint-to-multipoint)
   multicast distribution trees.  However, the prior RFCs do not provide
   all the necessary procedures for using bidirectional tunnels to
   support multicast VPNs.  This document updates RFCs 6513 and 6625 by
   specifying those procedures.  In particular, it specifies the
   procedures for assigning customer multicast flows (unidirectional or
   bidirectional) to specific bidirectional tunnels in the provider
   backbone, for advertising such assignments, and for determining which
   flows have been assigned to which tunnels.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/