Subject: Reorganization of the LDAP TS

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:04:14 -0800

Two engineering spun up to develop an approach to reorganization
select portions of the LDAP TS.
  http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200012/msg00036.html

This report represents the consensus of these teams as determined
by the WG chair(s) and is made available to the WG for discussion.

The Data Model / Protocol team reached consensus on the following
rough reorganization plan:
  Overview / Data Model
    RFC2251 3.2-3.4
    data model definitions
  Protocol
    RFC2251 (sans 3.2-3.4) 
    result code definitions 
  Authentication Methods
    RFC2829
The compelling reason to undertake this reorganization is to
accommodate materials clarifying data model definitions and
result code definitions.

The Schema Team was unable to reach consensus on a reorganization
plan.  The WG chair(s) concluded that there was no compelling
reason to undertake a reorganization at this time.

Pending further discussion, the WG Chair(s) recommend that the
data model / protocol team's plan be adopted and that no schema
reorganization be undertaken at this time.   The Chairs will
make a decision on appropriate action(s) next week.  Comments
regarding this recommendation should be provided by 29 Jan 2001.

---

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:19:46 -0700

It might be noted that some amount of the Authentication Methods document will be transferred to the Protocol document.

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]> 1/23/01 12:04:14 PM >>>