Subject: comments/change control alternative text (Was: IETF ldapbis WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapbis-iana-04.txt)

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:25:06 -0800

Please consider the following alternative text for 5.2 and 5.3.
	- Kurt

5.2. Change Control

The registration owner MAY update the registration subject to the
same constraints and review as with new registrations.  In cases
where the owner is unable or unwilling to make necessary updates,    
the IESG MAY assert ownership in order update the registration.

5.3. Comments

For cases where others have significant objections to the claims
in a registration and the owner does not agree to change the
registration, comments MAY be attached to a registration upon
Expert Review.  For registrations owned by the IESG, the
objections SHOULD be addressed by initiating a request for
Expert Review.

The request form to these requests is ad hoc, but MUST include
the specific objections to be reviewed and SHOULD contain
(directly or by reference) materials supporting the objections.