Subject: LDAPv2 -> Historic I-D

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:41:51 -0800

I've updated draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt based upon comments.
This revision recommends that not only RFC 1777, RFC 1778,
and RFC 1779 be moved to Historic (as discussed during LDAPbis
@ IETF#52), but RFC 2559 and 2589 as well (due to their dependency
upon LDAPv2).

Your comments are solicited.

Kurt

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:00:39 +0100

> @ IETF#52), but RFC 2559 and 2589 as well (due to their dependency

I never got the rationale of RFC 2559 going into LDAP details
anyway. It's so closely tied to LDAPv2 RFCs that it's definitely
historic if LDAPv2 is moved to historic.

RFC 2589, "Extensions for Dynamic Directory Services" refers to
LDAPv3.

Did you mean RFC 2587, "Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
LDAPv2 Schema"?

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:22:44 -0800

>historic if LDAPv2 is moved to historic.

Yes.

>Did you mean RFC 2587, "Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure

Yes, a typo in my mail message.