Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:10:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3)
	Author(s)	: J. Sermersheim
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-05.txt
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 28-Nov-01
	
The protocol described in this document is designed to provide access
to directories supporting the [X.500] models, while not incurring the
resource requirements of the X.500 Directory Access Protocol (DAP).
This protocol is specifically targeted at management applications and
browser applications that provide read/write interactive access to
directories. When used with a directory supporting the X.500
protocols, it is intended to be a complement to the X.500 DAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:47:16 -0700

Aside from some typo's that were pointed out, this fixes the ASN.1 of
the "and" and "or" choices of Filter to have a  lower range of 1.

Jim

>>> <[email-masked]> 11/29/01 04:10AM >>>
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of
the IETF.

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-05.txt".

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation
on
	how to manipulate these messages.