Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt

From: "Timothy Hahn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:21:29 -0500

Kurt,

My only concern with the document has to do with moving to RFC 2587 to 
historical.  Are there any other RFCs from the PKIX group that depend on 
RFC 2587?  If so, wouldn't moving 2587 to historical require them to be 
moved as well?

Other than that, the document looks fine to me.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: [email-masked]
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

[email-masked]
Sent by: [email-masked]
11/06/2001 02:03 PM
Please respond to Internet-Drafts

        To:     IETF-Announce: ;
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

                 Title                           : LDAPv2 to Historical 
Status
                 Author(s)               : K. Zeilenga
                 Filename                : draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt
                 Pages                           : 4
                 Date                            : 05-Nov-01
 
This note discusses moving version 2 of the Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol [LDAPv2] and dependent specifications to Historic
status.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
                 "get draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-01.txt

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:49:09 -0800

At 12:21 PM 2001-11-06, Timothy Hahn wrote:
>My only concern with the document has to do with moving to RFC 2587 to historical.  Are there any other RFCs from the PKIX group that depend on RFC 2587?  If so, wouldn't moving 2587 to historical require them to be moved as well?

To the best of my knowledge (an egrep for RFC.*2587),
no Standard Track RFC is dependent on RFC 2587.  I do
note that PKIX (Chadwick/Legg) are writing an PKIX
LDAPv3 schema I-D which should pick up the pieces.

Kurt