Subject: Semantic of ldapSyntaxes in sub schema sub entry

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:44:55 +0200

HI!

What is the exact semantic of attribute ldapSyntaxes in sub schema 
sub entry?

Section 5.7 in draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-02 is pretty sparse and 
leaves much room for interpretation.

--------------------------- snip ---------------------------

5.7  ldapSyntaxes

    This attribute is typically located in the subschema entry.

    This attribute identifies the syntaxes implemented, with each 
value
    corresponding to one syntax.

       ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.101.120.16 NAME 'ldapSyntaxes'
          EQUALITY objectIdentifierFirstComponentMatch
          SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.54
          USAGE directoryOperation )

    The SYNTAX oid indicates the LDAP Syntax Description syntax.

--------------------------- snip ---------------------------

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:04:47 -0700

At 11:44 AM 2002-08-21, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?= wrote:
>What is the exact semantic of attribute ldapSyntaxes in sub schema sub entry?
>
>Section 5.7 in draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-02 is pretty sparse and leaves much room for interpretation.

See ldapbis-models.  It details the semantics of this attribute.

Kurt