Subject: Definition of AttributeUsage in draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-02

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:04:01 +0200

HI!

Can't find the definition of AttributeUsage in 
draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-02 even though it's used in definition 
of AttributeTypeDescription. The only hint is found in section 2.4.2:

---------------------------- snip -------------------------
    The default setting is "userApplication" when USAGE is absent.
---------------------------- snip -------------------------

In RFC2252 it's declared as:

---------------------------- snip -------------------------
       AttributeUsage =
           "userApplications"     /
           "directoryOperation"   /
           "distributedOperation" / ; DSA-shared
           "dSAOperation"          ; DSA-specific, value depends on
---------------------------- snip -------------------------

Note that here "userApplications" (plural) is used.

BTW: I already found both forms in sub schema sub entries. :-(

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:27:31 -0700

draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes not yet to fully aligned with
draft-ietf-ldapbis-models which now provides the
AttributeTypeDescription ABNF production.

Basically, most of Section 4, 5, 7 of RFC 2252 is now in
ldapbis-models, leaving ldapbis-syntaxes to cover Sections 6
and 8.  That is, ldapbis-syntaxes covers syntaxes and matching
rules.

Kurt

At 04:04 AM 2002-08-19, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?= wrote:
>HI!
>
>Can't find the definition of AttributeUsage in draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-02 even though it's used in definition of AttributeTypeDescription. The only hint is found in section 2.4.2:
>

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:35:38 +0200

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
 > At Michael_Ströder wrote:

=> draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-02, section 2.4.2 should be

   The default setting is "userApplications" when USAGE is absent.
                                         ^^^
Ciao, Michael.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:02:20 -0700

>  The default setting is "userApplications" when USAGE is absent.

As I previously noted, ldapbis-models now covers the
what was Section 4 of RFC 2252.  When the alignment
is complete, Section 2 of ldapbis-syntaxes will be
removed as it should all should be (and, I hope, is)
covered in ldapbis-models.  Please review ldapbis-models.

Kurt