Subject: hasSubordinates

From: "Jochen Keutel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:13:01 +0200

Hello,
  X.501 (2000, chapter 14.4.4) defines an operational attribute
"hasSubordinates".

Will this operational attribute also be defined by one of the LDAP-bis RFCs?
RFC2252 (5.1 Standard Operational Attributes) defines createTimeStamp
etc., but not hasSubordinates.

Best regards,  Jochen Keutel.

---
from X.501:

14.4.4 Has Subordinates operational attribute

The hasSubordinates operational attribute indicates whether any
subordinate entries exist below the entry holding this
attribute. A value of TRUE indicates that subordinates may exist.
A value of FALSE indicates that no subordinates exist.
If this attribute is absent, no information is provided about
the existence of subordinate entries. The attribute will
ordinarily disclose the existence of subordinates even if the
immediate subordinates are hidden by access controls  to
prevent disclosure of the existence of subordinates the
operational attribute itself shall be protected by access controls.
...
hasSubordinates ATTRIBUTE ::= {
WITH SYNTAX BOOLEAN
EQUALITY MATCHING RULE booleanMatch
SINGLE VALUE TRUE
NO USER MODIFICATION TRUE
USAGE directoryOperation
ID id-oa-hasSubordinates }

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:50:36 -0700

>Will this operational attribute also be defined by one of the LDAP-bis RFCs?

No.  Per our charter, work in this area (LDAP non-"core" schema)
is not within scope of this WG.  Those who desire additional X.500
schema be introduced and/or adapted for use in LDAP should
pursue the work outside of this WG (e.g., make an Individual
submission to the IETF).

Kurt, LDAPbis co-chair