Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:18:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP:  Syntaxes
	Author(s)	: K. Dally, S. Legg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-03.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2002-11-21
	
The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) [Protocol] provides 
for exchanging AttributeValue fields in protocol.  This document 
defines a set of syntaxes for LDAP, rules by which attribute values 
of these syntaxes are represented in the LDAP protocol, and the 
matching rules which specify how values are compared.  Also, this 
document indicates the syntax support requirements on LDAP servers.  
The syntaxes and matching rules defined in this document are used in 
schema definition documents to specify attribute types.  
[Editor's note:  This document is a modified version of parts of 
RFC 2252 and RFC 2256, in order to bring then up to date.  This 
action is part of the maintenance activity that is needed in order 
to progress LDAP (v3) to Draft Standard.  The changes are described 
in Annex C of this document.  Open items are listed in Annex B.
End of Editor's note]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.