Subject: LDAPBIS WG Description update / call for review

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:15:56 -0800

As discussed at IETF#55, the working group description of our
charter needs to be updated to:
  1) add RFC 3377 (LDAP TS) to "core" specification;
  2) drop RFC 2831 (SASL/DIGEST-MD5) from "core" specification;
  3) state BCP 64 has been delivered but may need to be updated;
  4) state RFC 3377 has been delivered and any changes will be
     incorporated into the revised "core" specification.

Below is a proposed replacement working group description for WG
review.  This review begins now and will end at 2002-12-22 2359Z.
No comment will be viewed as acceptance.

Shortly after the end of this review, the chairs will gauge
WG consensus and take appropriate action.

-- Kurt & Bob
   LDAPbis chairs

---

The LDAPv3 "core" specification is RFC 3377, 2251-2256 and 2829-2830.
The purpose of this working group is to shepherd these RFCs through
the Internet Standard process.

The group will deliver revised LDAPv3 specifications suitable for consideration as a Draft Standard. This work will be based upon
RFCs 3377, 2251-2256, 2829-2830.

The group has delivered BCP 64 (RFC 3383) detailing IANA Considerations
for LDAP.  The group may update this BCP based upon operational
experiences gained since its initial publication.

The group has delivered RFC 3377 detailing the current LDAP "core"
specification.  Updates of this document will be incorporated into
revised "core" specification.

The following areas are out of scope:
  - "LDAPv4" 
  - All LDAP Extensions (LDAPext) excepting StartTLS. 
  - LDAP Replication (LDUP)
  - LDAP non-"core" Schema 
  - Connection-less LDAP (LDAPext)

---

From: Kathy Dally <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:07:04 -0500

Hi All!

Looks good to me.

Thanks,
Kathy Dally