Subject: Models: DIT Content Rules and AUX object classes

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:18:17 +0100

[Models] 4.1.6 (DIT Content Rules) says:

  An entry may only belong to auxiliary object classes listed in the
  governing content rule.

Even if the content rule has no AUX part?  If so, is it possible to
specify that all auxiliary object classes are allowed?

Or does no AUX mean that all auxiliary object classes are allowed?
If so, I suggest it is added that e.g. "AUX 1.1" can be used to say
'no auxiliary objectclasses are allowed'.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:26:05 -0800

>specify that all auxiliary object classes are allowed?

For servers which behave in accordance with X.500, no.

>Or does no AUX mean that all auxiliary object classes are allowed?

No.

>'no auxiliary objectclasses are allowed'.

That would be an extension to the existing schema model
and hence beyond scope of this document.

Kurt