Subject: more draft-zeilenga-ldapbis-strmatch-01.txt problems

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:53:36 +0100

> 3.2. Map
> 
>   SOFT HYPHEN (U+00AD) and MONGOLIAN TODO SOFT HYPHEN (U+1806) code
>   points are mapped to nothing.  (...)  The OBJECT REPLACEMENT
>   CHARACTER (U+FFFC) is mapped to nothing.

That means a string consisting only of SOFT HYPHEN is now illegal,
since it is mapped to the prohibited string "".  Is that intentional?

> 3.6. Insignificant Character Removal
> 3.6.1. Insignificant Space Removal
> 3.6.2. NumericString Insignificant Character Removal
> 3.6.3. TelephoneNumber Insignificant Character Removal

If a string consists of only spaces (or hyphens for telephone numbers),
these are not insignificant: removing them all changes the string from
a valid string to the prohibited string "".  Such strings should be
converted to "<SPACE>", not to "".

-- 
Hallvard