Subject: Insignificant space in matching rules

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:47:23 +0100

[Syntaxes] says:

> 5.2 Matching Rule Definitions
>   When evaluating the caseExactIA5Match, caseIgnoreIA5Match, (...)
>   leading and trailing whitespace is ignored

    except that a string consisting of only whitespace is treated
    as a single space.

If leading whitespace were ignored in a space-only string, it would
be treated as the invalid string "", so the filter would evaluate to
undefined.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:15:41 +0100

>     except that a string consisting of only whitespace is treated
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That should be "one or more whitespaces".  (An empty string consists
of only whitespace, but should not be treated as a single space.)

-- 
Hallvard