Subject: Generalized Time/UTC Time need leap seconds

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:53:24 +0100

[Syntaxes] 4.3.13 (Generalized Time) says:

      second  = %x30-36 %x30-39                        ; "00" to "59"

That should be "00" to "60", since Coordinated Universal Time has
leap seconds.  See e.g. <http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/systime.html>.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:36:29 +0100

> leap seconds.  See e.g. <http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/systime.html>.

BTW, I just noticed that the current syntax, and that for minutes,
allow 00-69, not 00-59.  Try

      second  = %x30-35 %x30-39 / %x36 %x30            ; "00" to "60"

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: "Steven Legg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:44:56 +1100

Hallvard,

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> allow 00-69, not 00-59.

Good pickup. I've changed the range of the first digit to %x30-35.
The UTCTime type in X.680 doesn't allow for leap seconds (60 seconds
is an illegal value). I still have to check whether GeneralizedTime
allows it.

I've also fixed an error in the ABNF for days "30" and "31".

Regards,
Steven

>  Try

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:51:40 +0100

Steven Legg writes:
> (...)

Can you send a bug report for that, and maybe for Generalized Time, to
X.680?  I don't have X.680, so I don't know where to send the report.

-- 
Hallvard