Subject: What ever happened to the information contained within this draft?

From: "Alex Karasulu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:35:05 -0500

Here's the draft I'm referring to.  I know the draft has expired however
I'm looking for a definitive source for this information.  2251 has
pieces strewn all over and I don't have the feeling that it explains the
usage of error codes in the detail that this draft seemed to.  Any idea
where the definitive source for this information can be located?  
 
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-02.txt
 
Thanks much,
-Alex

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:27:55 -0800

Much of the information in this draft should have found its way
into the revised LDAP Technical Specification being engineered
by this working group, namely incorporated into
draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol.

Presently, RFC 3377 is the definitive LDAP technical specification
with RFC 2251 and X.511(93) being the normative source for this
information.  However, you may find that our "work in progress"
draft-ietf-ldapbis-* provides better, but not (yet) definitive,
information.

I encourage you to review the WG I-Ds and to comment where you
think it lacks the necessary detail and/or clarity to allow an
independent developer to produce an interoperable LDAP
implementation.

Regards, Kurt

At 10:35 AM 4/4/2003, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" mlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> Heres the draft Im referring to. I know the draft has expired owever Im looking for a definitive source for this information. 2251 has pieces strewn all over nd I dont have the feeling that it explains the usage of error codes n the detail that this draft seemed to. ny idea where the definitive source for this information can be ocated? http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-02.txt Thanks much, -Alex