Subject: Re: LDAP URL extension value escapement

From: [email-masked] (Mark C Smith)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:41:03 -0400

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
 >
> Ok, I didn't read that. Is there a reason to not include the escapement
> rules in the BNF itself?

Let me think about that one. The escaping rules are applied in a general 
way to the entire URL. It might be tricky to include them in the BNF 
(although in principle I agree that would be an improvement).

-Mark

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:59:49 +0200

Mark C Smith wrote:
 >
 > The escaping rules are applied in a general way to the entire URL.

To the entire URL? I'd rather say to the components of the URL.
Maybe I did get something wrong.

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark C Smith)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:47:54 -0400

> Maybe I did get something wrong.

No, you are right. I should've said "applied in a general way to 
components of the URL." But even the word "general" is a little 
misleading because of the special case for commas inside URL extensions.

-Mark