Subject: LDAP URL extension value escapement

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:56:49 -0600

Mark,

I think the definition of exvalue in
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-03.txt is too
loose. Multiple extensions are delimited by commas, so we either need to
dis-allow commas in the value, or specify that they must be escaped.

Jim

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark C Smith)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:49:33 -0400

> dis-allow commas in the value, or specify that they must be escaped.

This is specified in text at the end of section 5:

                   ... An octet MUST be escaped using the % method
    described in section 2.4 of [RFC2396] in any of these situations:

       The octet is not in the reserved set defined in section 2.2 of
       [RFC2396] or in the unreserved set defined in section 2.3 of
       [RFC2396].

       It is the single Reserved character '?' and occurs inside a dn,
       filter, or other element of an LDAP URL.

       It is a comma character ',' that occurs inside an extension value.

Does that address your concern?

-Mark