Subject: Re: LDAP URL extension value escapement

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:38:57 -0600

Ok, I didn't read that. Is there a reason to not include the escapement
rules in the BNF itself?

Jim

>>> Mark C Smith <[email-masked]> 4/17/03 7:49:33 AM >>>
Jim Sermersheim wrote:
> Mark,
> 
> I think the definition of exvalue in
> http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-03.txt is too
> loose. Multiple extensions are delimited by commas, so we either need
to
> dis-allow commas in the value, or specify that they must be escaped.

This is specified in text at the end of section 5:

                   ... An octet MUST be escaped using the % method
    described in section 2.4 of [RFC2396] in any of these situations:

       The octet is not in the reserved set defined in section 2.2 of
       [RFC2396] or in the unreserved set defined in section 2.3 of
       [RFC2396].

       It is the single Reserved character '?' and occurs inside a dn,
       filter, or other element of an LDAP URL.

       It is a comma character ',' that occurs inside an extension
value.

Does that address your concern?

-Mark