Subject: ldapbis WG last call on draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-10.txt

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:12:49 -0700 (PDT)

This message initiates a LDAPbis Working Group Last Call on the
document:

      LDAP: String Representation of Distinguished Names
             <draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-10.txt>
                      4 May 2003

The purpose of this WG Last Call it to ensure that the Working Group has
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as an
IETF Draft Standard.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems.
Technical issues should be discussed on this list.  Editorial issues may
be sent to the document editor.

(Let me point out that a previous version of this document went through WG
last call quite a while ago.  Subsequently the "short names registry"
issue was reopened.  The current version of this document reflects
apparent current WG consensus to support a registry approach; see section
2.3.  This Last Call is intended to confirm this consensus as well as
solicit any other review.)

The Last Call period will end on Friday, June 13, 2003.

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chair(s) will take action based
upon the consensus of the WG.  Possible actions include:

  1) recommending to the IETF Application Area Directors that the
     document, after possible editorial or other minor changes, be
     considered by the IESG for publication as a Draft Standard
     (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or

  2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately addressed prior
     to further action (including, possibly, another Last Call).

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to
ensure the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards
process.  So, please read and comment!

 - RL "Bob" Morgan
   LDAPbis co-chair