Subject: ldapbis-user-schema comments

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:08:09 -0700

I have recently been addressing IESG comments with regard to
an individual submission of mine (zeilenga-ldap-user-schema)
and find that some of these comments (see I-D tracker) apply
to ietf-ldapbis-user-schema as well. 

The title "LDAP: user schema" implies the document scope is
limited to defining schema for representing users in the directory.
However, as defines schema for devices and other objects, the
scope is actually broader.  In my individual I-D, I meant "user
schema" to imply "schema for user applications" (versus "system
schema").  It may be appropriate to consider a change to the title
of this WG document.

Specifications for most attribute types imply they only have single
values yet are defined to hold multiple values.  For example,
the I-D says: CN contains "a name of an object".  However,
CN contains "the names of the object".  We need to review
the specification of each attribute type.

More examples should be useful (both for attribute types
and object classes).

Kurt