Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:09:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP: Authentication Methods and Connection Level Security Mechanism
	Author(s)	: R. Harrison
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-08.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This document describes authentication methods and connection level 
   security mechanisms of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol 
   (LDAP).  
 
   This document details the simple Bind authentication method 
   including anonymous, unauthenticated, and plain-text password 
   methods and the SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer) Bind 
   authentication method including the use of DIGEST-MD5 and EXTERNAL 
This document also details establishment of TLS (Transport Layer 
   Security) using the Start TLS operation. 
    
   This document describes various authentication and authorization 
   states through which a connection to an LDAP server may pass and the 
   actions that trigger these state changes. 
    
   This document also prescribes DIGEST-MD5 as LDAP's mandatory-to-
   implement strong authentication mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.