Subject: RE: Steven's protocol comments

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:13:47 -0600

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]> 10/8/03 7:59:20 AM >>>
<snip>

>> 4.13.3.1. Graceful Closure 
>> The other party, if it receives a TLS closure alert, MUST
immediately 
>> transmit a TLS closure alert. It will subsequently cease to send TLS

>> ^^^^ MUST ?
>
>Please consider the replace text I offer in my comments. 

Kurt, I didn't see any replacement text in your comments for this
section.

Jim

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:39:34 -0700

At 10:13 PM 10/20/2003, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>>> The other party, if it receives a TLS closure alert, MUST immediately 
>Kurt, I didn't see any replacement text in your comments for this section.

Sorry, how about?
        The other party, upon receipt of a TLS closure alert, SHALL
        immediately send a TLS closure alert and then terminate the
        TLS connection.   The LDAP connection remains established
        unless subsequently terminated.