Subject: LDAP/BER To LDAP/XML Conversion?

From: "Brian G. Holmes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:56:42 -0400

LDAP Revision List members...

I do not know LDAP, I have never worked with LDAP, and I beg your 
pardon if this message is erroneous in any way.

I understand from a quick review of draft-legg-ldap-transfer-02.txt 
that there is an interest in representing LDAP in XML.

I have developed some software that is capable of performing 
protocol-specific BER (or DER) to XML data conversions.  The software 
powers a free service; see http://www.holmespun.biz/berasno/.  The 
service currently supports GSM MAP, ITU TCAP, and IETF SNMP.  The 
software is also capable of handling X.509 certificates, CMS, PKIX 
TAP, and UMTS MAP.

It appears that the software might be able to support LPADv3 as well; 
I used rfc2251, but now see draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-23.txt.  To 
know for sure, I need some LDAPMessage hexadecimal data.  Do you know 
where I can find some?

I would also like to determine the level of interest in this sort of 
functionality.  Please share any opinions you would like to express.

If you think I should take up this question with another group on 
another list, or in some other forum, then please feel free to provide 
me with guidance.

Thank you.

...Brian

-- 
Holmespun Solutions, LLC
http://www.holmespun.biz
919-844-7713