Subject: draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-06 published

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:46:04 -0400

As some of you already noticed, last week I published version -06 of the 
LDAP URL I-D:

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-06.txt

As with the Filter document, other than the change to use the new RFC 
3667 and 3668 boilerplate, the changes since -05 are fairly minor (I 
consider the change in the definition of SLASH to be a bug fix; that 
problem is not present in RFC 2255).

I would appreciate review and comment on the changes I made in the "URL 
Definition" section; I think the changes reflect the group's opinion as 
gleaned from the mailing list discussions earlier this year.  Here is a 
list of all the changes (from Appendix B of the document):

13.1.  Technical Changes

    "URL Definition" section: changed the hex value for SLASH to 0x2F (it
    was 0x5C which is "\" not "/").  Also, broke some long lines into two
    lines to avoid exceeding the 72 column limit.

13.2.  Editorial Changes

    "Status of this Memo", "Intellectual Property Rights", and "Full
    Copyright" sections: updated to use boilerplate from RFC 3667 and RFC
    3668.

    "Status of this Memo", "Abstract" and "Table of Contents" sections:
    removed section numbers.

    "Introduction" section: added missing RFC 2119 keywords.

    "URL Definition" section: replaced "residing in the LDAP server" with
    "accessible from the LDAP server" in the sentence immediately
    following the ABNF.  Also, added the explanatory phrase "(that is, if
    the implementation understands it and is able to use it)" to the
    sentence that begins "If an LDAP URL extension is recognized by an
    implementation...."  Also, replaced "ASCII 33" with ASCII 0x21 in the
    text that refers to the "!"  character.

    "IANA Considerations" section: added.

-Mark