Subject: Example in syntaxes

From: "Kathy Dally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:00:00 -0400

Hi Steven!
 
In section 3.3.21 of the syntaxes I-D, the example
appears to be garbled.  The same example appears
in RFC 2252.  Perhaps the example could be:
OU=Dept #04024869,O=Test,C=GB#'0101'B
 
Thanks,
Kathy

---

From: Steven Legg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:49:12 +1000

Hi Kathy,

Kathy Dally wrote:
> In section 3.3.21 of the syntaxes I-D, the example appears to be 
> garbled.  The same example appears in RFC 2252.  Perhaps the example 
> could be:

The example is correct as written in the syntaxes I-D. The first
AttributeTypeAndValue follows the required format for an
AttributeTypeAndValue where the AttributeType has no registered
short name. See sections 2.3 and 2.4 of draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-14.txt .
The example deliberately uses a DN with an embedded '#' to show that
the '#' is not escaped in a NameAndOptionalUID.

Regards,
Steven