Subject: LDAPURL: Null bytes before escaping

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:48:48 +0200

I suggest that LDAPURL mentions that:

(1) Before URL escaping is applied, the extensions may contain
    null bytes.  No other component may.
(2) The LDAPURL cannot contain null bytes [or 'null characters'].

That can be deduced from various RFCs/drafts (well, I assume there is
some RFC which says this about the hostport component), but it would be
nice to have it all in one place.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:13:33 +0200

Mark Smith writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> I am OK with adding some text about these two points, although (2) seems 
> like a very well known property of all URIs to me.  Quoting from RFC 2396:

True, (2) seems unnecessary.  I added it mostly for completeness since I
was talking about null bytes anyway, but perhaps that was a bit too
complete:-)

-- 
Hallvard