Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:58:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP: The Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Sermersheim
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2004-10-21
	
This document describes the protocol elements, along with their 
   semantics and encodings, of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol 
   (LDAP). LDAP provides access to distributed directory services that 
   act in accordance with X.500 data and service models. These protocol 
   elements are based on those described in the X.500 Directory Access 
   Protocol (DAP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:01:37 -0700

Please review this I-D to ensure the changes made (or not made)
in this revision are consistent with WG consensus, as reflected
in the summary of the WG Last Call and follow-up discussions.
The chairs intend to progress this revision to the AD within
the next week.

-- Kurt, LDAPbis co-chair

At 12:58 PM 10/21/2004, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-27.txt>