Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:03:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP: String Representation of Search Filters
	Author(s)	: M. Smith, T. Howes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-10-25
	
LDAP search filters are transmitted in the LDAP protocol using a
binary representation that is appropriate for use on the network.
This document defines a human-readable string representation of LDAP
search filters that is appropriate for use in LDAP URLs and in other
applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:35:53 -0700

Please review this I-D to ensure the changes made (or not made)
in this revision are consistent with WG consensus, as reflected
in the summary of the WG Last Call and follow-up discussions.
The chairs intend to progress this revision to the AD within
the next week.

-- Kurt, LDAPBIS co-chair

At 01:03 PM 10/25/2004, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-08.txt>

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:41:40 -0700

I have completed my review of the I-D.  While it's my personal
opinion that the revisions made are consistent with WG
consensus, I did find a few minor problems which likely should
be address prior to progression.  Most significantly, a few
aspects of the I-D need updated to be consistent with the
ASN.1 and ABNF definitions of [Protocol] and [Models] (as
possibly revised per recent discussions).  I suggest the
<extensible> rule be clarified and examples changed
slightly to demonstrate case-insensitive.  I also make a
few editorial suggestions to improve clarity and/or to
remove nits.  See attachment for details.

Kurt