Subject: AUTHMETH questions

From: "Vithalprasad Gaitonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:34:04 -0700

The AUTHMETH draft doesnt comment on what the LDAP server behaviour
should be if a client (subsequent to the initial negotiation of the
strength of the channel) does a change_cipher_spec and negotiates down
the strength of the channel from the one already established.
As per tls, a client can do a change_cipher_spec at any time once the
initial connection is established.

Should the server in such case abandon all out standing operations on
that connection and/or close the connection by sending a notice of
disconnection ?
Should the draft specify any such behaviour.

Thanks,
Prasad

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:02:00 -0800

>initial connection is established.

I believe the revised LDAP TS needs to discuss cipher suite change issues.

Kurt