Subject: Protocol: present filter behavior

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:11:41 -0700

In Protocol Section 4.5.1.7.5 (SearchRequest.filter.present) it says
that a present match evaluates to "FALSE ... including a presence test
with an unrecognized attribute description".
 
It doesn't mention the case where the attribute description is
recognized, but the present match is not implemented for it.
 
Section 4.5.1.7 indicates that this would result in an "Undefined"
filter item, but I'm not sure if this is the intent for present
matches.
 
So, two questions: 1) Is this case treated as Undefined? (My read says
yes). 2) Does this need to be clarified in the I-D?
 
Jim

---

From: John McMeeking <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:02:40 -0600

You lost me.  How can "presence" be undefined or not implemented for an
attribute description?

John  McMeeking

[email-masked] wrote on 02/08/2005 01:11:41 PM:

> that a present match evaluates to "FALSE ... including a presence
> test with an unrecognized attribute description".
>
> filter item, but I'm not sure if this is the intent for present matches.
>
> So, two questions: 1) Is this case treated as Undefined? (My read
> says yes). 2) Does this need to be clarified in the I-D?
>
> Jim
>
>
>