Subject: updating LDAPBIS milestones

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:44:08 -0800

We're quite overdue for a milestone update.  Here is my
suggestion:

Mar 05    Deliver revised BCP 64 I-D
Apr 05    Deliver revised LDAP
Aug 05    Submit Interoperability Report I-D 
Dec 05    Deliver Interoperability Report to IESG with recommendation
	   that revised LDAP be promoted to Draft Standard

Comments?  Concerns?   The chairs intend to gauge consensus
regarding milestones and make an appropriate recommendation
to the IESG within the next week

Kurt, LDAPBIS co-chair

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:10:13 +0100

> Aug 05    Submit Interoperability Report I-D

Sorry for maybe asking something which is clear to the other WG members:

How will interoperability be tested?

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:46:57 -0800

>How will interoperability be tested?

As the IETF is not a testing organization, the IETF itself will
do any testing of interoperability (or organize any testing event).
Instead, the IETF will survey the community (namely vendors) regarding interoperability and, from this, draft the report.  The survey
is to answered based on the responder's operational experience.
If the responder doesn't have adequate operational experience to
answer a particular question, the responder may perform testing
to gain necessary operational experience to respond survey question.
Responders are free to self-organize testing events.

Kurt