Subject: Re: brief authmeth notes

From: "Roger Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:39:27 -0700

Hallvard,
 
I apologize for missing these two suggestions in the -14 revision that
i just submitted to the internet-drafts editor. I have already
incorporated them into the -15 revision which I plan to post prior to
the IETF 62 cutoff (and hopefully with additional changes based on
feedback from the WG).
 
Roger

>>> Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]> 11/8/2004 3:49 PM
>>>
After a brief look at authmeth-13, the changes that have been done so
far mostly look good. A few exceptions:

> 10. SASL EXTERNAL Authentication Mechanism
> The authorization identity used to determine the state of the
> association is derived from the security credentials in an
> implementation-specific manner.

This is wrong, the authorization identity may be sent with the
EXTERNAL
request. 'Authentication identity' is derived... in authmeth-12 was
right, as far as I can tell.

I notice the suggestion to remove authentication 'state' in thread
"authmeth: association -= authentication ID" was taken, but Appendix A
retains one "authentication state" which should probably be
"authorization state" or "association state".

-- 
Hallvard