Subject: Re: protocol: searches and subtypes

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:59:05 -0700

Will update all filter definitions and the definition of the selection
list to reflect this.

>>> Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]> 2/28/05 7:13:54 AM
>>>
I believe protocol-30 section 4.5 should say

- that subtypes of SearchRequest.attributes are returned as well
as the listed attributes,

- that subtypes of an attribute type in a filter will be used as
well as the attribute type itself.

It says so about SearchRequest.filter.<present, approxMatch>.
RFC2251 says it about SearchRequest.filter.present only.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:44 +0100

How about factoring the former out to SearchRequest.filter?

-- 
Hallvard