Subject: syntaxes: empty string values

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:12:02 +0100

Is there anything left to decide which can affect [syntaxes] related to
the 'Empty IA5String' and 'LDAPprep: mapping of " " values' discussions
last year?  I think I ran out of steam after a while:-)

The issue I remember was if [Syntaxes] must be modified to let matching
rules accept empty strings even when that's invalid per the string
syntax in question.  Either if strprep maps " " to "", or in relation
to component matching.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Steven Legg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:21:23 +1100

Hallvard,

> last year?  I think I ran out of steam after a while:-)

I think it's all sorted out now.

> syntax in question.  Either if strprep maps " " to "", or in relation

The latest LDAPprep draft transforms empty strings and strings containing
only spaces into a pair of spaces (a single space for substrings), so
"" and " " will match. Empty input strings are allowed.

Regards,
Steven