Subject: Last Call: 'LDAP: The Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:16:43 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the LDAP (v3) Revision WG to consider the following document:

- 'LDAP: The Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-30.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-04-29.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-30.txt

---

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:42:08 -0700 (PDT)

*> 
  *> The IESG has received a request from the LDAP (v3) Revision WG to consider the following document:
  *> 
  *> - 'LDAP: The Protocol '
  *>    <draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-30.txt> as a Proposed Standard
  *> 

The Editor's Address section appears in the body of the document, rather
than at the end as specified in RFC 2223bis.  We see this error often these
days; perhaps it is due to an error in xml2rfc?

RFC Editor/bb

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:22:51 -0700

Bob,

  May I suggest engaging the [email-masked] list on
this topic?  They are preparing for a new release at the end of this
month and have been eager to get feedback from the RFC Editor.

  (The xml2rfc order "References, Authors, Appendixes, Index" differs
in other ways from the rfc2223bis order "Appendixes, References,
Authors", and I don't feel qualified to judge whether, e.g., to suggest
that xml2rfc starts using unnumbered references sections to let them
fit after the Appendix is specifying the color of the toothbrush.)

  Bill