Subject: draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-04.txt

From: Steve Kille <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:09:00 +0000

Folks,

The work on core MADMAN MIB and Mail is put to bed.   

The directory MIB, the latest draft of which includes LDAP support,
has now expired.   Glenn and I think it is wonderful and important.  

Does anyone else care??  If you like/want this spec shout loud and cc:
Harald.  Ideally please give input to the spec.  If you don't care,
don't bother, and we will consign it to the protocol graveyard.

Steve Kille

---

From: Tim Howes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:00:13 -0800

So are we!          -- Tim

Mark Wahl wrote:

> We are interested in having a standard-track MIB for monitoring LDAP servers.
>
> Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
> Innosoft International Inc. / Critical Angle Inc.

---

From: Mark Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:00:56 -0600

---

From: David Chadwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 22:50:59 +0000

> Date:          Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:09:00 +0000
> From:          Steve Kille <[email-masked]>
> Subject:       draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-04.txt
> To:            [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Cc:            [email-masked]

> don't bother, and we will consign it to the protocol graveyard.

Steve,
if you are going to move it forward (and it would seem from the 
positive response that you will), can you draw on the work in the 97 
X.500 standard on management, so that the SNMP version can manage the 
MIB specified there. It was always our (the ISO/CCITT group's)  
intention that the managed objects should be equally manageable via 
either CMIP or SNMP 
Cheers
David
> Steve Kille 
***************************************************
David Chadwick
IT Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 370 957 287
Email [email-masked]
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
***************************************************

---

From: Marlin Pohlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:34:26 -0600

I have Many clients who desire an established standard surrounding this
issue.  Several of them Fortune-500.

        Marlin Pohlman
        Coradon Consulting Inc.
        http:\\www.coradon.com