Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:53:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of Language Codes in LDAP
	Author(s)	: T. Howes, M. Wahl
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 13-Jan-98
	
   The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol [1] provides a means for
   clients to interrogate and modify information stored in a distributed
   directory system.  The information in the directory is maintained as
   attributes [2] of entries.  Most of these attributes have syntaxes
   which are human-readable strings, and it is desirable to be able to
   indicate the natural language associated with attribute values.
 
   This document describes how language codes [3] are carried in LDAP
   and are to be interpreted by LDAP servers.  All implementations MUST
   be prepared to accept language codes in the LDAP protocols.  Servers
   may or may not be capable of storing attributes with language codes
   in the directory.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.