Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 09:49:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the LDAP Extension Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of Language Codes in LDAP
	Author(s)	: M. Wahl, T. Howes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 17-Jul-98
	
This document describes how language codes [3] are carried in LDAP and are to be interpreted by LDAP servers.  All implementations MUST be prepared to accept language codes in the LDAP protocols.  Servers may or may not be capable of storing attributes with language codes in the directory.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-lang-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.