Subject: Correction to comment on Match rule to dereference pointers

From: "David Chadwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:03:54 +0100

Ryan et al,

Just realised my mistake with the second comment. In your 
examples you do indeed use attribute types that are DNs. SO please 
ignore the following:

ii) When you use extensibleMatch, then according to RFC 2254 the 
first component should be the attribute type to be matched on (first
alternative of two possible ones). Again your examples do not seem 
to be an attribute type, but rather they have the string targetDN as 
the attribute type. Therefore can I suggest as a minimum that you  
define a new dummy attribute type of targetDN and give it an OID, 
and give it the appropriate semantics.

David

***************************************************

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email [email-masked]
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J

***************************************************