Subject: partial results in dupent-04.txt

From: "David Chadwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:18:06 +0100

Jim,

can I ask that the PartialResultsAllowed parameter be renamed to 
PartialApplicationAllowed or PartialControlAllowed or similar. This is 
because the term Partial Results has a special meaning i.e. a set of 
Search Results containing one or more referrals. On initial reading I 
wondered what referrals had to do with duplicate entries!!

thanks

David

***************************************************

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email [email-masked]
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J

***************************************************

---

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:11:47 -0600

Yes, I like PartialApplicationAllowed for what the flag actually means.

>>> "David Chadwick" <[email-masked]> 7/23/00 12:21:15 PM >>>
Jim,

thanks

David

David Chadwick