Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-authpasswd-03.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 10:45:29 -0400

I still strongly disagree.

When it comes to hashes and crypto, we should defer to the IETF PKIX WG,
or have a strongly justifiable reason for doing so -- enough to convince
PKIX to change.

This means:
	MD5 should be discouraged.
	SHA1 results are public.

Perhaps we should ask IET-PKIX folks for an opinion?

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 09:02:04 -0700

>I still strongly disagree.

Noted.

We've beaten this horse to death.  I am open for review
by others and will submit the subsequent revisions of this
draft to "experts" (namely the Security Area Director(s)).
I suggest we defer this discussion for now.

I will also request a recommendation for hash algorithm
selection and make changes based upon this recommendation.