Subject: LDAPv3bis BOF at IETF#48

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:06:58 -0700

The following BOF has been approved and should be scheduled
soon.  Those interested are encouraged to participate.

Please note that we are only collecting suggested changes.
This will be used as an aid in identifying items needing to
be worked and to develop more concrete proposals.

Below is the draft agenda for this BOF.  If you like to
propose additional agenda items, please drop Bob and I a
note.

Regards, Kurt

Name: LDAPv3bis

Chairs:
  Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
  RL "Bob" Morgan <[email-masked]>

Mailing list:
  [email-masked]
  http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapv3bis/

Introduction:
  LDAPv3 core specifications (RFC 2251-56) must be revised if
  they are to be progressed to Draft Standard per the IESG
  Notice contained within these documents.  With the approval
  of RFC 2829 and 2830, the necessary secure authentication
  mechanisms to obtain Draft Standard status have now available.

  In addition, the community has obtain a wealth of operational
  experience using the current specifications.  The community
  has identified a number of areas where the specifications
  need to amended.  These amendments include a few significant
  substantive changes, a fair number of lessor substantive changes,
  and many clarifications.  A forum for discussing and addressing
  these issues is needed.

Purpose:
  The purpose of this BOF is to discuss proposed updates to the
  LDAPv3 core protocol specification (RFC 2251-56, 2829-30),
  to identify work items, and discuss formation of a working
  group specifically chartered to address identified work items.

  Extensions to LDAPv3 are not within the scope of this BOF
  as this is the realm of existing IETF working groups.

Background:
  The LDAPv3 specifications were developed by the ASID and
  LDAPext working groups.  The ASID working group is defunct.
  The LDAPext WG is focused on significant protocol extensions
  such as Access Control, APIs, Referrals, and CLDAP.  A separate
  working group is currently proposed to focus energies to address
  LDAPv3 specification updates while not distracting LDAPext from
  their chartered work.  However, at the discretion of the IESG,
  work items identified by this BOF may be assigned to LDAPext
  or other appropriate WG (after appropriate charter review).

Agenda:
  Agenda Review
  Introduction
  Discuss IESG Note
  Discuss LDAPv3 Applicability Statement
  Discuss incorporation of rescodes I-D into 2251bis
  Discuss incorporation of partial responses I-D into 2251bis
  Discuss reorganization of specification
  Discuss Mark Wahl's 75+ odd changes
  Discuss Kurt Zeilenga's 75+ odd changes
  Discuss relationship to X.500 issues
  Discuss other issues
  Discuss working group formation issues

RFC to be discussed:
  2251-2256, 2829-2830

I-D to be discussed:
  draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt
  draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-02.txt
  draft-rharrison-ldap-extpartresp-01.txt
  draft-wahl-ldapv3bis-*.txt (to be issued)
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-*.txt

---

From: "David Chadwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:29:37 +0100

Date forwarded: 	Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
Date sent:      	Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:06:58 -0700
To:             	[email-masked], [email-masked]
From:           	"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Subject:        	LDAPv3bis BOF at IETF#48
Forwarded by:   	[email-masked]

> propose additional agenda items, please drop Bob and I a

Kurt

the following document may be in Mark's list of 75+ other changes. 
If not can you please include it in the agenda

<draft-pkix-ldap-schema-00.txt>

Ta

David

>   their chartered work.  However, at the discretion of the IESG, work
>   items identified by this BOF may be assigned to LDAPext or other
>   appropriate WG (after appropriate charter review).
> 
> Agenda:
>   Agenda Review
>   Introduction
>   Discuss IESG Note

***************************************************

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email [email-masked]
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J

***************************************************