Subject: Parent of 15 year old finds $71,000 in closet...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 02:33:33 -0700 (PDT)

****************************************************************
*****************************
To be removed from this list, please reply to this email with
the word "REMOVE"  and the EMAIL ADDRESS  it was sent to in the subject box.
See legal disclaimer at the end of this text. Thank you.
****************************************************************
*****************************

It Works, Its Legal, Its Easy, so Why Not? 

Parents of 15-year-old find $71,000 cash hidden in his closet.

Does this headline look familiar? Of course it does. 

You most likely have just seen this story recently featured on a major nightly news 
program (USA). 

His mother was cleaning and putting laundry away when she came across a large 
brown paper bag that was suspiciously buried
beneath some clothes and a skateboard in the back of her 15-year-old son's closet. 
Nothing could have prepared her for the
shock she got when she opened the bag and found it was full of cash. Five dollar bills, 
twenties, fifties and hundreds - all neatly
rubber-banded in labeled piles. 

"My first thought was that he had robbed a bank", says the 41-year-old woman, 
"There was over $71,000 dollars in that bag -
that's more than my husband earns in a year".

The woman immediately called her husband at the car-dealership where he worked to 
tell him what she'd discovered. He came
home right away and they drove together to the boy's school and picked him up. 
Little did they suspect that where the money
came from was more shocking than actually finding it in the closet. 

As it turns out, the boy had been sending out via E-mail on the Internet a type of 
'chain-letter' to E-mail addresses that he
obtained off of the Internet. Everyday after school for the past 2 months, he had been 
doing this right on his computer in his
bedroom. 

"I just got the E-mail one day and I figured what the heck, I put my name on it like the 
instructions said and I started sending it
out", says the clever 15-year-old. 

The E-mail letter listed 3 addresses and contained instructions to send one $5 dollar 
bill to the person at the top of the list, then
delete that address and move the other 2 addresses up, and finally to add your name 
to the bottom of the list. The letter goes on
to state that you would receive several thousand dollars in five dollar bills within 2 
weeks if you sent out the letter with your name
at the bottom of the 3-address list "I get junk E-mail all the time, and I really didn't 
think it was gonna work", the boy continues. 

Within the first few days of sending out the E-mail, the Post Office Box that his 
parents had gotten him for his video-game
magazine subscriptions began to fill up with not magazines, but envelopes containing 
$5 dollar bills. 

"About a week later I rode [my bike] down to the post office and my box had 1 
magazine and about 300 envelopes stuffed in it.
There was also a yellow slip that said I had to go up to the [post office] counter- I 
thought I was in trouble or something
(laughs)". He goes on, "I went up to the counter and they had a whole box of more 
mail for me. I had to ride back home and
empty out my backpack 'cause I couldn't carry it all". 

Over the next few weeks, the boy continued sending out the E-mail. "The money just 
kept coming in and I just kept sorting it
and stashing it in the closet, I barely had time for my homework". He had also been 
riding his bike to several of the area's banks
and exchanging the $5 bills for twenties, fifties and hundreds. "I didn't want the banks 
to get suspicious so I kept riding to
different banks with like five thousand at a time in my backpack. I would usually tell 
the lady at the bank counter that my dad
had sent me in [to exchange the money] and he was outside waiting for me. One time 
the lady gave me a really strange look and
told me that she wouldn't be able to do it for me and my dad would have to come in 
and do it, but I just rode to the next bank
down the street (laughs).

" Surprisingly, the boy didn't have any reason to be afraid. The reporting news team 
examined and investigated the so-called
'chain-letter' the boy was sending out and found that it wasn't a chain-letter at all. In 
fact, it was completely legal according to
US Postal and Lottery Laws, Title 18, Section 1302 and 1341, or Title 18, Section 
3005 in the US code, also in the code of
federal regulations, Volume 16, Sections 255 and 436, which state a product or 
service must be exchanged for money received.

Every five dollar bill that he received contained a little note that read, "Please add me 
to your mailing list". This simple note made
the letter legal because he was exchanging a service (adding the purchaser's name to 
his mailing list) for a five dollar fee. 

Here is the letter that the 15-year-old was sending out by E-mail, you can do the 
exact same thing he was doing, simply by
following the instructions in this letter. 

* * * * * 
Here are instructions on how to make $10,000 US cash in the next 2 weeks: 

There are 3 addresses listed below. 

Send the person at the top of the list a $5 bill wrapped in 2 pieces of paper (to 
securely hide it), along with a note that says:
"Please add me to your mailing list". 

Then delete that name, move the other 2 up and put your name at the bottom. 

Now start sending this ENTIRE e-mail back out to people. 

When 20 people receive it, those 20 people will move your name up to the middle 
position and they will each send out 20. That
totals 400 people that will receive this letter with your name in the middle. 

Then, those 400 people will move your name up to the top and they will each send 
out 20 E-mails. That totals 8,000 people that
will receive this E-mail with your name at the top and they will each send you a $5 
bill. 

8,000 people each sending you a $5 bill = $40,000 cash. That's if everyone responds 
to this E-mail, but not everyone will, so
you can expect more realistically to receive about $10,000 in cash ($5 bills) in your 
mailbox. 

This will work for anyone, anywhere in the world in any country, but send only a US 
CASH $5 bill. 

The more E-mails you send out, the more cash you will receive. If each person sends 
out 100 E-mails, there will be 1,000,000
people that receive this letter when your name reaches the top. If only 1% of those 
people respond, you will still get $50,000
cash. 

* * * * * 

Here is the list: 

1    Leonard E. Hawkins
     1503 Cooley RD. 
     Winter Have, FL 33880 
      
2 -      T. Nolley 
     10823 Club Cir. 
     Indianapolis, IN 46229 

3 -   B. R.
       1889 Merrill Rd
        Paradise,  CA 95969   

* * * * * 

THERE'S NOTHING MORE TO DO. When your name reaches the top in a few 
days, you will start receiving $5 bills from
other people just like yourself, who are willing to invest a $5 bill to receive $10,000 
cash. 

If you don't try it - you will never know. 

****************************************************************
************

This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill HR 1910. Under
Bill HR 1910 passed by the 106th U.S. Congress on May 24, 1999, this message
cannot
be Considered Spam as long as we include the way to be removed. Per Section
HR 1910. Please type "Remove" in the subject line and reply to this email.
All removal requests are handled personally and immediately once received.

****************************************************************
************