Subject: Over35 Free Newsletter - Syndrome X

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 06:30:59 -0800 (PST)

Over35 Free Newsletter 
WHAT IS SYNDROME X?

Syndrome X is the first stage of a silent but deadly disease that's becoming epidemic 
in the US – diabetes.  Syndrome X usually appears 10 years or so before the onset of 
diabetes.  At present 16 million Americans suffer from Type 2 diabetes, although one 
in three don't even know they have it, and millions more show signs of Syndrome X.  
Even more disturbing is that this disease, once found solely in the over-40 crowd, is 
now appearing in children as young as 10.  

Syndrome X is characterized by insulin resistance, abdominal obesity, high cholesterol 
and high blood pressure.  It's estimated that 20-30 percent of all middle-aged 
Americans suffer from Syndrome X – although the occurrence among Blacks and 
Native Americans is about 50 percent.  Left unchecked, Syndrome X frequently 
leads to the development of diabetes and significantly increases the risk of heart 
disease.  

Though heredity plays a part, lifestyle choices – including lack of physical activity, 
obesity and the over-consumption of carbohydrates – carry much of the blame for the 
development of both Syndrome X and diabetes.  The good news is that science has 
already identified many readily available nutrients that significantly enhance the body's 
ability to properly use insulin, and help regulate blood sugar levels.  With proper diet 
and regular exercise, it's possible to halt the progression of Syndrome X and even 
prevent the devastating consequences of diabetes all together.

More on Syndrome X and its prevention next week.

Feel free to forward.

Removal: [email-masked]  
(thank you!)

Subscribe, Questions, Suggestions: [email-masked]