Subject: Re: Multiple "similar" controls per op

From: "Timothy Hahn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:36:47 -0500

Jim,

I agree with you that we should 'leave the door open' to allow multiple 
controls per operation.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: [email-masked]
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

To:     <[email-masked]>
cc: 
Subject:        Multiple "similar" controls per op

RFC 2251 allows one to specify mutliple controls on a single operation. It 
doesn't disallow two or more controls of the same type to exist on the 
operation. This means we either need to:

a) Add text to the "recommended control specification guide" (or whatever 
it's called), that tells authors of control spec's to call out whether 
this is allowed with that particular control. Or,
b) ammend 2251 to disallow this.

I lean towards a), just to leave the door open. How do others feel. If b), 
we'll take it to the LDAPBIS list.

Jim