Subject: Calling LDAP Application Developers

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:57:55 +0100

Hi -

(Apologies if you are also on the Umich ldap list, in which case you'll 
have seen this already.)

How many servers have you tested against?

Are you confidant that your product will work with all standard servers?

Save yourself TIME, EFFORT and MONEY by participating in the LDAP Plugfest 
in San Jose, CA, July 11-13, 2001.  The servers you want to test against 
will be there, ready and set up for you to test your application!  You will 
also have access to representatives of the server vendors, to help you work 
through any issues that may come up.

Make plans to join us July 11th thru 13th in San Jose and participate in 
the LDAP Plugfest.  The LDAP Plugfest will be enable Developers with LDAP 
applications to validate the interoperability of their applications against 
Critical Path, IBM, iPlanet, Novell, Oracle and other LDAP Directory 
servers. Each developer will have access to a variety of LDAP Directory 
products and personnel together in one location. It will be an environment 
for testing product interoperability with significantly less overhead and 
preparation than would have to take place for each application individually.

LDAP applications participating in the Plugfest and completing an 
interoperability test will obtain the "Works with LDAP 2000" 
certification.  Approved applications will be recognized as ones that 
conform to the open standards and is useable in a number of environments.

This event is organized by the Open Group Directory Interoperability Forum 
and hosted by Novell, a member of the DIF, at their San Jose Silicon Valley 
Conference Center.  For certification details see http://www.wwldap.org/. 
To register and for the latest Plugfest details, 
see  http://www.opengroup.org/dif/dc8/plugfest.htm . There will be a $495 
charge for each application being tested.  The fee is the certification 
charge if the application is certified by the end of the week.  Space is 
limited and will be provided on a first come, first serve basis, so 
register soon!

Regards,

Chris
+++++

========================================================================
            Dr. Christopher J. Harding
   T H E    Executive Director for the Directory Interoperability Forum
  O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked] Phone:  +44 118 950 8311 x2262
            WWW: http://www.opengroup.org Mobile: +44 774 063 1520
========================================================================
The Open Group Conference Austin Tx 16-20 July 2001 -
MANAGEABILITY 2001 - Competitive Advantage thru multi-vendor solutions
EMA 2001 - Solutions Summit
http://www.opengroup.org/austin2001
========================================================================