Subject: Invitation to join the Home_Business_Express group

From: Home_Business_Express <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 03:46:52 -0500

Hello,

You've been invited to join the Home_Business_Express group, 
an email group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use 
email group service.

JOIN NOW, IT'S EASY:

1) REPLY to this email by clicking "Reply" and then "Send" 
in your email program

-OR-

2) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site at 
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Home_Business_Express/join>

By joining Home_Business_Express, you will be able to 
exchange messages with other group members. Yahoo! Groups 
also makes it easy to store photos and files, coordinate 
events and more.

Here's an introductory message from the group moderator: 
------------------------------------------------------------
========================================================= 
-------------- HOME BUSINESS EXPRESS --------------- 
========================================================= 
Articles, analysis, and insights into owning your own 
business on the Internet, At Home or anyplace else.

December 7th, 2001 / Volume 1, Issue 4

--SMALL SITES SURVIVE THE INTERNET ROLLER COASTER
by Rob Spiegel

--QUICK NOTES

1. ANYBODY WANNA BUY FROM 'OL' SHIFTY EYES?'
by Mary Holzrichter

2. READ THE FINE PRINT
by Bob Osgoodby

--ELSEWHERE ON HBE

BookMarks

Files

=========================================================
# = # = # = # = = # = ADVERTISEMENT = # = # = # = # = #
! The calling rate your phone co. doesn't want you  !
! to know about! 0¢ Per Minute!! Call 888-664-1158  !
! http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=192999   !
# = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # 
=========================================================

========================================================= 
SMALL SITES SURVIVE THE INTERNET ROLLER COASTER
by Rob Spiegel 
=========================================================
What does the Internet stock crash mean to the small Web 
store? At first glance the downturn looks daunting if not 
downright discouraging. If major sites like CDNow and DrKoop 
are on the ropes, how can a tiny site selling refrigerator 
magnets (<Fridgedoor.Com>) possibly survive? Well, in 
cyberspace, tiny niche sites stand a better chance than 
mass-market stores that spend $40 to $80 to obtain each new 
customer. In addition to the acquisition costs, big sites 
spend a fortune on overhead.

Meanwhile, as the big Internet retailers wring their hands 
and watch Nasdaq sink even further, small Net retailers are 
making sizable sales on top of very small investments. ZDNet 
recently compiled a list of Net millionaires. In the rush to 
cover Net billionaires, most business journalists have 
overlooked the millionaire on the Net, the small site owner 
with a great little idea. The concepts behind these 
successful Net plays are clever, but they were not expensive 
to launch.

To receive the complete article from our autoresponder click 
here <http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=203589> A 
blank e-mail message will be created. Press 'send' and the 
article will be delivered to your e-mail inbox in just a 
moment.
=========================================================
# = # = # = # = = # = ADVERTISEMENT = # = # = # = # = #
DID YOU KNOW? The US Social Security Board reports that 85 
out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much 
as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent 
on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the 
"2-percenters" know that you don't? FREE newsletter. 
<http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=203606>
# = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # 

=========================================================
Quick Notes 1. ANYBODY WANNA BUY FROM 'OL' SHIFTY EYES?'
byMary Holzrichter
=========================================================
What makes you trust one person yet not another? I mean 
"really". Here's how a Newbie sees it.

What makes one person's "word" believable? Remember that 
saying, "A person's only as good as his word?" My Dad always 
said that when I was growing up, and my husband says it to 
our two sons.

To receive the complete article from our autoresponder click 
here <http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=203592> A 
blank e-mail message will be created. Press 'send' and the 
article will be delivered to your e-mail inbox in just a 
moment.
=========================================================
# = # = # = # = = # = ADVERTISEMENT = # = # = # = # = #
Powerful secrets, tips, tools, and techniques for turning 
small businesses into BIG paychecks. 
<http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=203602>
# = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # = # 

=========================================================
Quick Notes 2. READ THE FINE PRINT
by Bob Osgoodby
=========================================================
We all hear the stories about how E-Commerce is the wave of 
the future, and what we must do to compete. Yes, the 
smallest "Mom and Pop" business can compete against the "Big 
Guys" and make a respectable buck or two. As I'm sure you 
have, I get email everyday about how important it is to be 
able to accept credit cards on line.

And guess what - this is true. Not only should you be able 
to accept credit cards, but also online checks. When a 
person decides to buy, you have a very narrow window of time 
for them to complete the order. If you allow them to make 
their purchase and pay for it online, you have a great 
chance of getting the order. However, if they have to write 
a check and mail it to you, there is a "cooling off period" 
and you may not get the order.

To receive the complete article from our autoresponder click 
here <http://www.linkcounter.com/go.php?linkid=203595> A 
blank e-mail message will be created. Press 'send' and the 
article will be delivered to your e-mail inbox in just a 
moment.
========================================================= 
Elsewhere on HBE 
=========================================================
The bookmarks section of HBE holds a wealth of information 
and links to business opportunities presented by our 
members. 
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Home_Business_Express>

A New E-Book has been uploaded to the files section. Check 
it out, you can get it for free. 
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Home_Business_Express>

========================================================= 
Newsletter Information 
=========================================================
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to: 
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
Note: In order to successfully unsubscribe, your request 
must come from the e-mail address you used to sign up for 
the newsletter.

To change your delivery preferences go to: 
<http://groups.yhoo.com/group/Home_Business_Express>

Questions or comments? Send an e-mail to: 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

Thank you and have a great day! [*=]

Emalie Peel - Coates Moderator, Home Business Express
------------------------------------------------------------

If you do not wish to join the Home_Business_Express group, 
please ignore this invitation.

SPECIAL NOTE FROM Yahoo! Groups: Because Yahoo! Groups 
values your privacy, it is a violation of our service rules 
for moderators to abuse this invitation feature. If you feel 
this has happened, please notify us at 
<[email-masked]>

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to 
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>