Subject: Identity Management: Building Integrated Information Infrastructure

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:38:35 +0000

Hi -

The Open Group's Directory Interoperability Forum, EMA Forum, Mobile 
Messaging Forum and Security Forum, Present:

             Identity Management: Building Integrated Information 
Infrastructure

Join The Open Group January 21-25, 2002 in Anaheim, CA as we focus on 
Integrated Information Infrastructure.

Over Days 1 and 2, the topic will be explored through general sessions, 
business scenarios, standards and certifications.

On Day 3, the Directory Interoperability Forum (DIF), in conjunction with 
the EMA Forum, the Mobile Messaging Forum and the Security Forum, will 
further examine the specific role of Identity Management in creating an 
Integrated Information Infrastructure through sessions with end-users, 
vendors and panel discussions. The agenda is at 
http://www.opengroup.org/dif/dirday13/idmgmt.htm

Day 4 is comprised of working group sessions, which are available by 
invitation.

On Sunday January 20th, immediately prior to the conference, there will be 
a 1-day seminar: Enterprise Directories - Preparing For The Next Generation.

Learn about the latest integration and identity management solutions and 
network with end-users and vendors from leading organizations around the world.

Register before December 21, 2001 to receive an early bird discount on 
conference fees.

To learn more about The Open Group and its forums, please visit us on the 
web at http://www.opengroup.org.

Where: Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim CA
When: January 23, 2002 (as part of the Open Group Conference January 21-25, 
2002)

Building on the learning of Day's One and Two, we will focus specifically 
on the role of Identity Management in creating an Integrated Information 
Infrastructure on Day Three of the Conference.

Through a full day of open sessions, end-user companies will discuss the 
identity management issues they are facing today, vendors will present the 
ways they are addressing them and a business case will be presented. 
Further issues in identity management will be explored by a panel of 
end-users and vendors. Learn the latest about identity management and 
connect with other Directory professionals from the leading vendor and 
end-user organizations.

Some of the topics that will be covered include:
    - How do you control access, based on people's roles?
    - How do you keep track of people who are always on the move?
    - How do you deliver facilities to meet people's personal needs and 
preferences?
    - Will Passport or Liberty Alliance work?
    - Are traditional X.500 and LDAP solutions appropriate?
    - Should administration be shared vs delegated?
    - How do you leveraging legacy and "incompatible" data architectures?
    - Is there such a thing as 100% security?

Register Now!

Early Bird Discounts are available until December 21, 2001.

The DIF will be holding working group sessions on January 24, 2002, 
addressing ongoing efforts that are influencing emerging industry 
standards. Want to learn more or join one of the groups? Contact Chris 
Harding at +44 118 9508311 x 2262 or send an email to [email-masked].

Regards,

Chris
+++++

========================================================================
            Dr. Christopher J. Harding
   T H E    Executive Director for the Directory Interoperability Forum
  O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked] Phone:  +44 118 950 8311 x2262
            WWW: http://www.opengroup.org Mobile: +44 774 063 1520
========================================================================
The Open Access Conference Series
In3 - Integrated Information Infrastructure - 2002
Hilton Anaheim, California, USA, 21-25 January 2002
http://www.opengroup.org/Anaheim2002
========================================================================