Subject: RE: [ldapext] draft-zeilenga-ldap-uuid-03 Feedback

From: "Tim Reilly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:48:07 -0400

KZ]> > I think uuidOrderingMatch is agreement as well.
RS]> great.

My apologies. I misread zeilenga-ldap-uuid; which states the assertion value
is encoded using UUID string representation. I'd mistaken this for matching
performed on the string representation. I see now you are saying the value
is passed in as UUID string format but then octetStringOrderingMatch is
applied. That makes perfect sense (and as you say is in agreement.) Thanks
for clarifying.

On the other points I echo Rich's sentiments:
KZ]> > My working copy includes some text in [the security] area.  It will
be
KX]> > available for review shortly after IETF#60.
RS]> Great. ...

Good to hear.
More wording around the possible security issues will help any unsuspecting
users avoid trouble IMO.

Thanks for your response.
-TR

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext