Subject: [ldapext] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:45:00 -0600

Kurt,
 
This specifies that the class is expanded to all MUST, and MAY
attributes of the class, (either directly or inherited).
 
Does it also include (and exclude) attributes specified in the
DITContentRule for structural classes?
 
Jim

>>> <[email-masked]> 10/26/04 2:29:59 PM >>>
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title: Requesting Attributes by Object Class in the 
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
Author(s): K. Zeilenga
Filename: draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt
Pages: 6
Date: 2004-10-26

The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) search operation
provides mechanisms for clients to request all user application
attributes, all operational attributes, and/or attributes selected by
their description. This document extends LDAP to support a mechanism
that LDAP clients may use to request the return of all attributes
belonging to an object class.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt 

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce

to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
[email-masked] .
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt".

NOTE:The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:25:53 -0700

At 10:45 AM 10/27/2004, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>Kurt,
> 
>This specifies that the class is expanded to all MUST, and MAY attributes of the class, (either directly or inherited).

   For each object class identified in the attributes
   field, the request is to be treated as if each attribute
   allowed by that class (by "MUST" or "MAY", directly or
   by "SUP"erior) [Models] was itself listed.

>Does it also include (and exclude) attributes specified in the DITContentRule for structural classes?

Attributes allowed or precluded by a DIT Content Rule are
not of interest here, only attributes allowed by the
listed object class.

That is, while a DIT Content Rule may state than an
object might belong to a set of classes, hence allowing
some set of attributes to be held in the object entry,
the DIT Content Rule itself does not specify which
attributes are allowed by the object class.

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>
><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-09.txt 
>
><mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message. 
>You can also visit <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
><http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
>or <http://ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 
>
>
><mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] .
>In the body type: