Subject: Re: [ldapext] referencing one LDIF file from another

From: "Vithalprasad Gaitonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:16:14 -0600

Howard,
Following is the change we could do to section "Formal Syntax
Definition of LDIF"

included-ldif-file-content = "include:" FILL fileName
;where the contents of filename confirm to ldif-file of type
ldif-content

included-ldif-file-content = "include:" FILL fileName
;where the contents of filename confirm to ldif-file of type
ldif-changes

included-content-ldifs = 1*(1*SEP included-ldif-file-content)

included-changes-ldifs = 1*(1*SEP included-ldif-file-changes)

ldif-file = ldif-content / ldif-changes / included-content-ldifs /
included-changes-ldifs 

ldif-content = version-spec included-content-ldifs 1*(1*SEP
ldif-attrval-record)

ldif-changes = version-spec included-changes-ldifs 1*(1*SEP
ldif-change-record)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Prasad

>>> Howard Chu <[email-masked]> 11/23/2004 12:33:06 PM >>>
Vithalprasad Gaitonde wrote:
> RFC2849 doesnt seem to provide a way to include one ldif file into
> another ldif file though it does allow referencing an external file
for
> an attribute value.
> Has this been considered in the past ? 
> It seems like a useful thing to have when there are dependencies
across
> several ldif files.

I agree, I would definitely have a use for this. Haven't thought about

what the syntax should be yet.

-- 
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc 
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext 

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext