Subject: [ldapext] LDAP BoF at IETF#69?

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 13:25:23 +0100

It seems to me that it might be appropriate to organize a BoF (bar or  
actual)
at IETF#69 to discuss specification and standardization of various LDAP
extensions, determine whether a WG is needed/desired to further this
engineering, and, if so, rough out a charter proposal.

Some work candidates (in no particular order):

Internet Naming Plan (update)
Distributed Operations (chaining)
Distributed Authentication
Use of DNS in Internet directories (DNS SRV)
Password Policy administrative model and notifications
Transactions
DAP/LDAP alignment
Regular Expression Matching Rule

If there is sufficient interested shown on this list (and elsewhere), I
would be willing to put together a BoF proposal for AD/IESG  
consideration.
So, please let your views on whether such a BoF should be held known.

You're also more than welcomed to name other work candidates, and  
comment
on those that I enumerated.

Also, those willing to serve as a BOF chair should drop me a note.

Regards, Kurt

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:19:15 -0700

There has been insufficient interest shown in holding an LDAP BoF at
IETF#69 and, hence, I won't be putting together a formal BoF proposal  
for
AD/IESG consideration.  I will be attending IETF#69 anyways and would be
happy to met with LDAP'ers informally (e.g., at the bar) to discussion
any on-going / future LDAP work.

-- Kurt

On May 5, 2007, at 5:25 AM, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

> It seems to me that it might be appropriate to organize a BoF (bar  
> or actual)