Subject: [ldapext] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01]

From: Daniel Pluta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:49:51 +0200

Hi Steven,

we've finally managed to update and (re-)submit version 1 of our draft. 
As this document should reflect all of our previous discussed points I 
just forward the new ietf notification to begin a new thread.

Thank you very much for your very valuable feedback!

Best regards,

Daniel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: New Version Notification for 
draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01
Datum: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:20:27 -0700 (PDT)
Von: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
An: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, 
draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Daniel Pluta and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): Server Side 
Current Time Matching - Matching Rules and Syntaxes
Creation_date:	 2010-06-23
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
This document extends the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
(LDAP) to support server side current time matching.

Matching of time-stamp attribute values against an LDAP server's
current time offers advantages for example in case third party
products' LDAP client configuration directives (e.g.  LDAP filter
statements) do not offer support to dynamically rewrite/replace a
filter's assertion value for each request.  Using the matching rules
defined in this document the client is able to provide a constant
matching rule assertion value to trigger the server side comparison
of the given/stored 'Generalized Time' syntax based attribute value
against the LDAP server's current time.

Therefore this document specifies four matching rules and two
dedicated assertion syntaxes to be used in conjuntion with the well
known 'Generalized Time' syntax based attribute values.

The IETF Secretariat.