Subject: [lemonade] URLAUTH 01 and URL syntax

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:07:22 -0500

1) Some of the examples have URL syntax errors as per the RFC2192 BNF. For example ...
imap://[email-masked]/INBOX;uid=N;section=x.y
Should be ...
imap://[email-masked]/INBOX/;uid=N/;section=x.y

2) In the section 6.3 example there is a URL generated with "authid". Where is "authid" defined?

3) Should the URLAUTH BNF follow RFC2192 and have "/" separate iurlauth from the rest of the terminals?
For example ...
iurlauth     = "/" [expire] ";URLAUTH=" etc ...

I have to admit RFC2192s placement of "/" is curious. 

Mike

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 [email-masked] wrote:
> 1) Some of the examples have URL syntax errors as per the RFC2192 BNF.

I have just posted draft -02 which amends this.

> Where is "authid" defined?

This is a remant of an earlier syntax which has been replaced by access 
identifiers ("user+<userid>" in this case).  Removed in draft -02.

> 3) Should the URLAUTH BNF follow RFC2192 and have "/" separate iurlauth 
> from the rest of the terminals? For example ... iurlauth = "/" [expire] 
> ";URLAUTH=" etc ...

No.  Although it looks strange, RFC 2192 actually uses "/" delimiter is 
used to separate hierarchical elements.  ;UID and ;SECTION are such 
elements:
 	INBOX			mailbox named INBOX
 	INBOX/;UID=23		message with UID 23 in mailbox named INBOX
 	INBOX/;UID=23/;SECTION=3
 				third section of message with UID 23 in
 				mailbox named INBOX

Other parameters merely modify the URI without changing the data being 
referenced.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.