Subject: [lemonade] Document Action: 'Goals for Internet Messaging to Support Diverse Service Environments' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:35:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Goals for Internet Messaging to Support Diverse Service Environments '
   <draft-ietf-lemonade-goals-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support 
diverse service environments Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary
 
This is an informational document that captures the thinking of the Lemonade
working group; it sets out the problems to be tackled.  

Working Group Summary
 
There was concensus in the working group to put this forward as an
InformationalRFC.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

RFC Editor Note
 
OLD:

 6.1.2.5  CLID Restriction indication/preservation

   Many calling features are dependent upon collected caller-ID
   information.  Trusted clients such as the TUI, and other service
   supporting user agents such as WEB and WAP servers may have access to
   restricted caller-ID information for such purposes as callback.
   Untrusted clients must not receive this information.  A mechanism for
   communicating "trust" between the client and the server is required
   to deliver this information to the end-user when appropriate.

NEW:

6.1.2.5  CLID Restriction indication/preservation

   Many calling features are dependent on collected caller-ID
   information.  The TUI and other service supporting user agents
   defined in specific deployments (such and WEB and WAP servers)
   may have access to restricted caller-ID information in order to
  provide callback or related services.  In the Lemonade context,
  a mechanism which allows caller-ID information to be delivered
  to the end-user must use an authorization mechanism which
  similarly restricts access to caller-ID information.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade