Subject: [lemonade] RFC 4467 on Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - URLAUTH Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:25:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4467

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) 
                    - URLAUTH Extension 
        Author:     M. Crispin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36714
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-urlauth-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4467.txt

This document describes the URLAUTH extension to the Internet
Message Access Protocol (IMAP) (RFC 3501) and the IMAP URL Scheme
(IMAPURL) (RFC 2192).  This extension provides a means by which an
IMAP client can use URLs carrying authorization to access limited
message data on the IMAP server.

An IMAP server that supports this extension indicates this with a
capability name of "URLAUTH".  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade