Subject: [lemonade] RFC 4468 on Message Submission BURL Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:26:25 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4468

        Title:      Message Submission BURL Extension 
        Author:     C. Newman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28614
        Updates:    RFC3463
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-burl-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4468.txt

The submission profile of Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
provides a standard way for an email client to submit a complete
message for delivery.  This specification extends the submission
profile by adding a new BURL command that can be used to fetch
submission data from an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
server.  This permits a mail client to inject content from an IMAP
server into the SMTP infrastructure without downloading it to the
client and uploading it back to the server.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade