Subject: [lemonade] RECONNECT comments: Typos, nits, minor issues.

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:10:53 +0100

Section 2:

"The client optionally opens a mailbox and does other things." This 
is a little vague. Perhaps "The client performs operations as normal, 
typically selecting a mailbox and accessing messages." or something.

Section 2.1:

Title "with out" should be "without".

"usig Ethereal" => "using Ethereal". Does Ethereal need an 
informative reference here?

The last paragraph appears to be marketing, not technical, 
information - there's no reason at all the user cannot use the client 
program while it's resynchronizing.

Section 2.2:

"Now lets" => "Now let's"

"user had dropped connection" => "user had dropped the connection" - 
although I feel this is blaming the user, when generally it's the 
network's fault. I'm sure that users don't go around deliberately 
seeking IMAP connections to drop.

EXPUNGED response appears to bear no relation to the UIDs the client 
provided.

Section 3.1:

"At minimum the state includes" - I think this list hasnt shrunk as 
the protocol has changed.

The server currently needs to store the selected mailbox, 
read-only/read-write, RECENT state, and non-persistent IMAP flags. 
The rest can be ditched, I think, being stored anyway.

Section 5.1:

Why is there a special sequence for no folder? Why not just send an 
empty "* FOLDER" response? All clients have to deal with empty 
responses, for instance for SEARCH responses.

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 18:18:02 +0100

[Answering to purely editorial comments.]

Dave Cridland wrote:

> Section 2:
>
> "The client optionally opens a mailbox and does other things." This is 
> a little vague. Perhaps "The client performs operations as normal, 

Done.

> Title "with out" should be "without".

Done.

> "usig Ethereal" => "using Ethereal". Does Ethereal need an informative 
> reference here?
>
> The last paragraph appears to be marketing, not technical, information 
> - there's no reason at all the user cannot use the client program 
> while it's resynchronizing.

Corby added it, he needs to comment ;-).

> * *

Fixed.

> seeking IMAP connections to drop.

Fixed and I changed "user" to "client". Or do you want a more 
substantial change?

> EXPUNGED response appears to bear no relation to the UIDs the client 

Yes. (Cut & paste error) Fixed.