Subject: [lemonade] Chairs Thoughts on TRASH

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:36:30 -0400

This is a tough one.  Changing the behavior of IMAP in such a radical way,
like introducing MOVE to place items into a trash mailbox, is clearly way
out of scope for lemonade.  However, keeping the marketplace happy is
important for the acceptance of the lemonade suite, as well.

Do keep in mind that ONLY proprietary messaging systems implement trash
mailboxes.  NO IMAP SERVER, following RFC3501, implements a trash folder.
MANY clients implement trash folders/mailboxes, either by keeping track
themselves (POP3, IMAP) or by using native IMAP mechanisms (\DELETED).

Before we rule such work out of scope, the chairs would like to see concrete
proposals.  That said, we have a bunch of WGLC's coming up immediately.
Thus, we request a moratorium on discussing special folders until after we
see some drafts published.

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade