Subject: [lemonade] Chairs Decisions

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:00:41 -0400

Sometimes being away for a week lets all sides weigh in.  I personally have
had the luxury of reading all of the arguments for a number of controversial
proposals all at one sitting.

Shortly you will see a number of messages presenting the Chairs' decisions
as to whether the lemonade work group, as a work group, will pursue work on
various proposed extensions to IMAP.

The chairs really appreciate all of the good discussion that has been on the
list recently.  We are at some of our highest volumes ever.  I am also very
happy that we have not delved into ad hominem attacks.  Just about all of
the arguments have been about the technical merits of the approaches, which
is excellent to see.

Like many things in engineering, these issues do not have a purely right or
wrong choice.  If they did, we would all agree and make the choice.

I would suggest following-up directly with the chairs, and not on the list,
if you would like to discuss the decision further.

--
Eric Burger, [email-masked]
Glenn Parsons, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade