Subject: [lemonade] (no subject)

From: Jon Ingi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:44:42 -0700

[Zoltan Ordogh wrote]
>> Also: as far as I know there is no standard way to code up the  
>> sending of an SMS.  Every messaging provider I've ever interfaced  
>> with has a different way of doing it, so any server vendor would  
>> have to either offer a set of different interfaces (and the number  
>> of these could be very large) or expect the installation process to  
>> include coding up some messaging-service-provider specific way to  
>> handle the messages.
> I think it only gets worse with MMS - especially that it has several
> versions.

Contrary to SMS there is a standardized interface for MMS: the SOAP  
based MM7 interface defined by 3GPP in 23.140.

Nokia propriatery EAIF is also popular with those operators deploying  
Nokia MMSC, but usually they also support MM7.

Usually MMSCs hide the differences between different versions of MM7  
and support all of the different xml schemas that have been defined by  
3GPP.

Jon Ingi

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade