Subject: [lemonade] profile-bis and format=flowed (RFC 3676)

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:58:14 -0700

Perhaps profile-bis should recommend the use of format=flowed (RFC 
3676).  After all, the ability to reflow text (regular and quoted) to 
fit small screens was the primary motivation behind format=flowed.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Implementation is the sincerest form of flattery.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: "Ben Last" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:35:49 +0100

Randall Gellens [mailto:[email-masked]] wrote, at 10 August 2006
>Perhaps profile-bis should recommend the use of format=flowed (RFC
3676).  After all, the ability to reflow text
>(regular and quoted) to fit small screens was the primary motivation
behind format=flowed.

I'm not clear: do you mean that outgoing email messages from a
(small-screen) client should use format=flowed?  Or that the server
re-format text/plain messages to be text/plain;format=flowed (which
surely covers more server behaviour than in the scope of profile-bis)?

Regards
Ben

--
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: --------------- Implementation is
the sincerest form of flattery.