Subject: [lemonade] New member Martin Konold

From: Martin Konold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:03:12 +0100

Hi,

I just joined this mailing list. It was recommended to me from Dave Cridland 
on the [email-masked] mailing list.

I am working on IMAP based groupware solutions and especially on the 
opensource Kolab Groupware server and clients. For this purpose I am working 
on the opensource KDE Kontact groupware client using disconnected IMAP and on 
the proprietary MAPI Storage Provider KONSEC Konnektor. 

On the server side I implemented draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-17 on 
Cyrus Imapd.

see also: https://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/show_bug.cgi?id=2875

Initially I want to start asking some questions and then I want to come up 
with some ideas which stem from my experience in trying to create an 
Outlook/Exchange comparable Groupware Solution based on IMAP which shall work 
in high latency / low bandwidth / unreliable network scenarios.

Question 1: I need the draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions as a prerequisite 
for the IMAP METADATA extension as documented in 
draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions. 

What confuses me is that the latest METADATA draft is dated from October 19, 
2006 and refers to LISTEXT as a prerequisit. On the other hand the LISTEXT is 
expired and the most recent draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-18 dated 
September 21, 2006 only mentions the LIST-EXTENDED capability. 

I assume that both drafts are part of the lemonade WG. Is this due to lack of 
consistency in the lemonade working group or am I missing something?

I tried to mail the authors privately about my problem but did not get any 
responses sofar.

Yours,
-- martin

-- 
http://www.erfrakon.com/
Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:56:50 -0500

Hi Martin,

--On November 21, 2006 2:03:12 PM +0100 Martin Konold 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> What confuses me is that the latest METADATA draft is dated from October
> 19,  2006 and refers to LISTEXT as a prerequisit. On the other hand the
> LISTEXT is  expired and the most recent
> draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-18 dated  September 21, 2006 only
> mentions the LIST-EXTENDED capability.

METADATA references the current LIST-EXTENDED draft (the one in the rfc 
editor queue) but used the old capability name LISTEXT. I have fixed that 
in my working copy. I plan on pushing out a new version of that draft 
incorporating that change and others based on the feedback received last 
week. Once that is done I will request the IESG to last call it.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Martin Konold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:59:01 +0100

Am Dienstag, 21. November 2006 15:56 schrieb Cyrus Daboo:

Hi,

> Once that is done I will request the IESG to last call it.

Who has implemented METADATA sofar? (I plan to do it for Cyrus IMAP).

Which clients can I use for testing?

Yours,
-- martin